Today I Received...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Today I Received...

Post by vanpeebles »

Riscos is worth a look :)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

polka wrote:for the moment I did not install any. The most obvious would be Gforth, but I may also try AtLast.
To have RiscOS running on the PI400, wouldn't you only have to change the Linux µSD for RiscOS ?
I am also tempted with a baremetal Forth system, there seems to have one under development.

And about the speed of Linux on PI400, I find it rather snappy : indeed, it has a PI4 card running at 1.8Ghz. Before, I had a PI3 b like you, which was a little slower sometimes.
Hi,

I think you mean: pijFORTHos for the Rapsberry PI.

It looks a good implementation, I have not tried it yet, maybe in the New Year.

The implementation of RiscOS v5.28 runns nice on a RPI 2B, but on a 3B is really fast. I think the PI 400 would be even slicker.

The advantage of RiscOS, is the available software that is mostly free and if you are into RISC assembler, the Basic Interpreter allows inline assembler compilation. Rather like the BBC Basic using 6502 assembler inline compilation.

I will maybe atart saving up for a PI 400, looks a nice slick system.

Regards,

Derek
ppe
Trump Card

Post by ppe »

ArtOfEl.jpg
Finally got the "bible". Was on sale on Amazon UK for one third of the normal price. And, miraculously, was delivered to Finland from the UK before Brexit :D

I think that's reading sorted for quite a while, this monster is over 1100 pages!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Have fun with that!

I'm still waiting for a small package from Flossmoor, IL, USA, which was first posted on 24th November. USPS Tracking data shows it's bouncing about various transfer airports in the USA such as Atlanta and Chicago (10 steps so far within the USA in the tracking data), and hasn't even left for the UK yet :(

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

ppe wrote:
ArtOfEl.jpg
Finally got the "bible". Was on sale on Amazon UK for one third of the normal price. And, miraculously, was delivered to Finland from the UK before Brexit :D

I think that's reading sorted for quite a while, this monster is over 1100 pages!
I have that book \o/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

that's one of the 'required bookshelf' for anyone interested in Electronics - I love the bad circuits and good circuits bits that they throw into chapters - that looks like the same edition I have. :D

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

ppe wrote:ArtOfEl.jpg

Haha, I bought that when I went to college around 1995!

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Today we received our Christmas present. Well, not really a present because we paied for it, but that's life
2 containers for storing frozen semen in liquid nitrogen.
God, the're heavy!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Is this the foundation stone of the great Andrei clone invasion of 2068?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

He he, he's found an unusual way of cloning QL software. Or making more Marcels .... (as Marcel's admitted his various activities leave him little time for sleep)

Or simply for Andrew's dog breeding activities I guess ;)