PMs disabled.

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: PMs disabled.

Post by Dave »

As Rich at RWAP will testify, (I think, and I am not speaking for him), I'd rather have one or two non-customers annoyed at me and lose a couple of sales than have the might of the Government breathing down my neck with potential penalties so huge it doesn't just threaten the enterprise but also my home.

Sorry, I'm not putting my home at risk just to receive messages a few uncommon ways when there's a couple of standard ways to communicate with businesses; the main one being email.

I know it sounds hostile. I'm sorry. It's not meant to be. I'm just covering my ass.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Just to point out you can export all your PMs as a CSV, excel, XML file and file it straight into your archive.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I would have to do that after every single message to be compliant.

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

With the phpBB forum software, if a persons inbox is full, the PM message stays in the outbox of the sending persons account, just the same as if you have not read the PM in your inbox. So all they know, is that you have not read it yet (assuming they are used to the PM system).

But you will not see the PM in your inbox. Instead you will get a message displayed on the PM inbox page saying that new PMs are on hold.

Within the limits allowed by the current settings of the forum, you may be able to open extra PM boxes (known as folders). So you could create a PM folder called say "Inbox2017" and then move PMs in your inbox from 2017 into this new folder. I actually do this on most of the phpBB forums that I use.

Also, you can export all the PMs from a folder as CSV files, which you can then open in a spreadsheet say. So it's actually easier to archive and sort PMs than it is for emails on some systems.

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Doug
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Doug »

Hi Dave,

I noticed I couldn't PM you the other day, to follow up where we'd been talking about the backplane and q-buck regulator previously - now I see this and it makes sense!

Just to say I am still interested in these items and happy to email directly if that is easiest.

You'll have noticed from my post in the hardware section that I have the Tetroid backplane now too, but where I have a couple of QLs to mess with, it's definitely a case of 'the more stuff to play with, the merrier!'

And who knows, maybe I will get more luck using my Gold Card et al with a different backplane...

P.S. Your trip sounds awesome!