Hello from Yorkshire

Introduce yourself here!
bobmc
ROM Dongle

Hello from Yorkshire

Post by bobmc »

Hi
I'm from Leeds and have decided to dust off my QL and do some programming again. I've worked in IT for the last 20 years as a Programmer (C and Java mainly) and Tester (Insurance products).

I've just purchased a Gold Card to replace my SuperQboard (which is still working fine but I fancied a 68000 to play with).

So, hello to everyone.

Regards\Bob

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from Yorkshire

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Always nice to have more fellow Northerners on too :D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

bobmc wrote:Hi
I'm from Leeds and have decided to dust off my QL and do some programming again. I've worked in IT for the last 20 years as a Programmer (C and Java mainly) and Tester (Insurance products).
I've just purchased a Gold Card to replace my SuperQboard (which is still working fine but I fancied a 68000 to play with).
So, hello to everyone.
Regards\Bob
Welcome! Hope we'll see some QL software from you soon. Nice to hear you managed to get a Gold Card, they are like Gold Dust at the moment.

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome Bob!

:D :D :D

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Leeds, eh? I went to University there to do my Economics degree way back in the late 80s to ealry 90s. I say do a degree, I really mean drink pints of Yorkshire ale, eat a copious number of dodgy curries and chase beautiful women (the latter with lamentable lack of success on the whole)

Dreamlands (my QL text adventure) was written whilst I was there. Lugging that kit back and forth from London every term was a bit of a pain. Young folk nowadays with their la-dee-da laptops don't know how they lucky they are! :D

Anyway, welcome and congrats on getting yourself an elusive Gold Card.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
bobmc
ROM Dongle

Post by bobmc »

Thanks for all the replies, I'm looking forward to contributing.