Hey, y'all.

Introduce yourself here!
DeathAdderSF
ROM Dongle

Re: Hey, y'all.

Post by DeathAdderSF »

Chr$ wrote:I have a QXL(II) card in a PC, was using it a month or so ago. Great to have plenty of space for HDD .win container files and very useful to have a floppy drive to hand that you can access from the QXL and the PC side (for transferring small files from the internet to the QXL for example). And you can easily add or remove files from the QXL.win container from the PC side (or copy the QXL.win file to a newer PC and do it from there). The QNET connection is also handy to transfer files to/from an original QL. They are not lightening fast, but with the right settings they can handle the complete SMSQ/E based systems that you can get online ready-to-go as QXL.win files, i.e. QLE and Black Phoenix. Performance-wise it was very close to the Q68, but the Q68 is more practical due to the SD cards, FAT device, the small size, the fact it makes absolutely no noise and some other improvements!
Thanks for sharing your impressions. I hope you won't mind if I get in touch with some add'l questions.
Chr$ wrote:Have you had it long? How did you come by it?
I bought it just recently, from Derek.

Cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

DeathAdderSF wrote:
Thanks for sharing your impressions. I hope you won't mind if I get in touch with some add'l questions.

[
I'll try my best but am no expert lot a lot of the others on here!

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

HI,

I have to a configure another QXL built into a Black ATX case, with a PCCHIPS_M599LMR-14-1 motherboard,AMD K6-2 500 CPU, DOS/SMSQ/E operating system.

I might post it for auction soon, just needs an appropriate QXL.WIN file with the software package from the Q68, configured for the QXL.

Regards,

Derek