Hello

Introduce yourself here!
drdivago
ROM Dongle

Hello

Post by drdivago »

Hi,

After lurking around for some time I finally registered: I think that anybody owning (and wanting to use) a QL should join this board!

I'm a long standing Sinclair fun, precisely since 1982 when I bought a ZX81 (which I sold) and then soon after a ZX Spectrum 16K (an Issue 2 which I still have). Some time later I went to Florence to buy the chips needed to expande it to 48K, and installed them myself: my first experience at modding! I wanted to buy a QL too, but it was way too expensive for me at the time :(

Last September I started buying quite a lot of vintage Sinclair stuff on eBay, and before long I had 4 QLs, so here I am... :D

Anyway, enough for now, see you around!

Ciao
Leo aka drdivago

Sinclair ZX81, ZX Spectrum, QL: a passion since 1981 :)
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by NormanDunbar »

Good evening Leo,

You sound like me! I bought a zx81 first, added a keyboard and 56kb ram expansion, then I got a 16k Spectrum, and eventually, a ql - when the prices dropped from £400 to around £120. I now have three qls. All need new keyboard membranes though - so I'm using emulators on Linux these days.

Cheers,
Norm.

EDIT: Fixed atroshus speling erors! :D :D :D
Last edited by NormanDunbar on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Ciao Leo,
and welcome aboard! A long long time ago, I had the opportunity to try my brother's ZX81. Then arrived his Spectrum 48K (with its games!), upgraded to Spectrum+. Finally, I got the wonderful QL!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

A warm welcome to the forum! :)