Backplane/motherboard extension board

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
issue5
ROM Dongle

Backplane/motherboard extension board

Post by issue5 »

Hi there, was just wondering if someone has got spare back plane or one that they no longer need? What I am really after I suppose is an extension board that extends the motherboard expansion socket up to the end of the QL casing so that I don't have to fiddle and jiggle my Gold card in order to locate it in the motherboard socket which is obviously buried deep in the QL case. I could get one from Tetroid but I have the problem of the £135 minimum spend vat issue via Sell My Retro (bloody brexit)!!
Any help or offers much appreciated :-)

XorA
Site Admin

Re: Backplane/motherboard extension board

Post by XorA »

issue5 wrote:Hi there, was just wondering if someone has got spare back plane or one that they no longer need? What I am really after I suppose is an extension board that extends the motherboard expansion socket up to the end of the QL casing so that I don't have to fiddle and jiggle my Gold card in order to locate it in the motherboard socket which is obviously buried deep in the QL case. I could get one from Tetroid but I have the problem of the £135 minimum spend vat issue via Sell My Retro (bloody brexit)!!
Any help or offers much appreciated :-)
You can email tetroid he is still selling to U.K.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

issue5 wrote: I could get one from Tetroid but I have the problem of the £135 minimum spend vat issue via Sell My Retro (bloody brexit)!!
Can you expand on this, as I see no information on Sell My Retro with regards to a minimum spend VAT issue.

Tetroid only says there is an extended period of time to deliver the items sold through Sellmyretro, no mention of this minimum spend.

If there is a minimum spend ten it is hidden charge and may well be illegal.

If you want I can add your Back Plane to an order I am going to make in November.

If you look at the sellmyretro message board at the topic of: Changes to EU VAT rules from January 2015:
https://www.sellmyretro.com/phpbb/viewt ... ?f=6&t=100

Rich summarised the changes to be:
sellmyretro.com wrote: a) If you are only buying products through sellmyretro.com, then this does not affect you.
b) If you are a business seller, there is no VAT charged on our fees
c) If you are a private individual based in the UK or outside of the EU, then there is no VAT charged on our fees.
d) Any other private individual selling items on the site, based in the EU (and some other countries which are part of the VAT regime) will still pay the same fee, but VAT will be deducted from the amount we charge and paid to your country of residence.
To add to this,I sent QL hardware to the EU and rest of the world.

I am not a VAT registered company in the UK, due to being a private individual and not making enough money to be VAT registered, I do not include VAT in the final price.

Importing the EU, Worldwide is subject to import tax into that country, which the EU have decided the any country outside the EU will pay import tax, which they translate into VAT.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Actually, I can't see why Brexit should have an impact on sales of a non-European seller to a UK individual (Nothing changed in their business relationship because of Brexit). That's probably something only Brits (or, rather, their government) would understand ;)

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

HI,

From my experience with shipping the Q68 around the world, there are n issues with importing into the EU, or the rest of the world.

The only countries I have had issues with import charges are:

USA: > $600 reguires a import charge
Switerland: Require Import duty based on the value of the item being imported
Autrialia: Require special documentation
EU: now requires comerical invoices to indicate the vlaue of the item being imported.

In general for the importation into the EU, is not a problem, just the EU Bureaucats, seem to like over complicating the matter.

Regards,

Derek
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

tofro wrote:Actually, I can't see why Brexit should have an impact on sales of a non-European seller to a UK individual (Nothing changed in their business relationship because of Brexit). That's probably something only Brits (or, rather, their government) would understand ;)
Nothing? Previously it was a sale into the EU, now it needs to conform to the new UK regulations, that was a huge difference. In the meantime the EU regulations have also changed in July, making sales to both the EU and UK equally more difficult for outsiders... :?

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
issue5 wrote: I could get one from Tetroid but I have the problem of the £135 minimum spend vat issue via Sell My Retro (bloody brexit)!!
Can you expand on this, as I see no information on Sell My Retro with regards to a minimum spend VAT issue.
The UK demands that for sales below 135 GBP the VAT has to be paid in the UK. As far as I can tell SellMyRetro will collect the VAT in this case and also adds a few fees for this on top.
If you look at the sellmyretro message board at the topic of: Changes to EU VAT rules from January 2015:
And how do EU VAT rules from 2015 apply to today? Maybe that is more relevant... https://www.sellmyretro.com/phpbb/viewt ... ?f=1&t=167

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I generally value everything sent outside the UK as zero value.

As the parts I buy are Retail Price and have VAT included so fue not being VAT Registered, I can cliam the VAT back on UK Exports, I do not want charge twice the Tax.

This maybe illegal, but has worked up to now.

Regards,

Derek
issue5
ROM Dongle

Post by issue5 »

Hi Derek, thanks for commenting on the whole tetroid/backplane/vat thing - as per your kind offer i would like to get the backplane and if I could include it with your order sometime in Nov then i would be happy to pay you for the kit and all associated postage costs etc. to get it to me. If you let me know when you are going to order and let me know how much it is I would be happy to pay you up front by paypal - please let me know if you would be happy to do this. I did try to pm you but for some reason the message didn't send. If you could email me with any details you need then my email address is email (removed to avoid spam.)
Many thanks
Keith Marriott

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Sorry about yhe delay in teplying the Forum software does not tell me I have a PM till I login.

Sent you a PM with regards to the Backplane order.

Regards,

Derek