Sinclair QL Power Supply

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
keyboardjunkie
ROM Dongle

Sinclair QL Power Supply

Post by keyboardjunkie »

Hi All,

I'm looking for a PSU for my old QL to get it resurrected. Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,

Mark.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Sinclair QL Power Supply

Post by Chr$ »

As no one has replied and I hate to see someone with an unusable original QL..... I have a spare power supply that I know works. Slight drawback is that it has a European plug and is in Germany. £33 with normal small packet postage or £37 trackable and insured. It is actually a UK model (UK2000 as a opposed to a EU2000, although they are the same basically) that must have made it's way to Germany at some point, hence the plug.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
keyboardjunkie
ROM Dongle

Post by keyboardjunkie »

Hi Chr$

Thanks for getting back to me and your kind offer. I'll go for the insured postage - Can I do PayPal or similar?

Once again, much thanks for offering the PSU - I really want to get my QL up and running again!

Thanks,

Mark.

keyboardjunkie
ROM Dongle

Post by keyboardjunkie »

Oh, and I take it that this will work on 240/50hz in the UK with a mains plug change?

Thanks,

Mark.

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

keyboardjunkie wrote:Oh, and I take it that this will work on 240/50hz in the UK with a mains plug change?

Thanks,

Mark.
Yes :D

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Yes, it'll be fine. Apart from the designation EU2000/UK2000 and the plug types (which probably were not included when new anyway) they are exactly the same. Paypal is fine or bank transfer even better, I can provide references. Do you want to pm me or shall I pm you?

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.