New Microdrive Labels

Sell your QL items here!
RWAP
RWAP Master

New Microdrive Labels

Post by RWAP »

We are arranging to get some new microdrive cartridge labels made - cost will probably be £1.50 for a set of 10 labels (face and end label) plus postage.

Best idea is probably to add a keyword watch on www.sellmyretro.com for 'cartridge labels' and you will get an email as soon as we list them!

It would also be an idea to leave a note on here of your interest so we can gauge how many to get made!

Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Re: New Microdrive Labels

Post by Simon_Carr »

Sounds like a great idea: I'll keep an eye out....

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Will they be blank, or printed with the sinclair logo?

I tried making some, laser cut, and that worked out ok, but it wasn't very practical for pre-printing them. Registration is tough.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I was planning on doing some with the SellMyRetro.com logo occupying the top section of the face label - so avoiding any issues over the Sinclair name / copyright, and acting as a bit of a plug for my site

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

The logo was trademarked and the trademark has expired. You cannot use copyright to extend a trademark's protections (not here, anyway) and you can't copyright a name.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The word and Image Sinclair (ie the logo) is still a trademark here in the UK -

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/4/EU000194944
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00001335850
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00001191859

This is why I have decided to use them as an advertising tool for www.sellmyretro.com also :)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Sinclair Research is still in business :)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:I was planning on doing some with the SellMyRetro.com logo occupying the top section of the face label - so avoiding any issues over the Sinclair name / copyright, and acting as a bit of a plug for my site
And not just copyright issues.

If I'm honest (sorry about this Rich) I'd rather have genuine original Sinclair MDV labels or genuine original SellMyRetro ones, not ones "made by RWAP with the word Sinclair 'stamped' on them."

No offence intended. I'd rather they be different to the originals. I did think of suggesting putting a QL logo on them, but perhaps you'll want to sell them to ZX Microdrive users too.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Hehe, okay :)

Makes me glad I live in America, so at least I am allowed to own my domain name. I could be in trouble if I returned to the UK. :)

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I agree whole-heartedly with Dilwyn - what I am looking at is whether to produce some with plain labels also in a format which can be used in a printer - unfortunately it will need to be smaller than A4 ....