QL VGA Boards

Sell your QL items here!
RWAP
RWAP Master

QL VGA Boards

Post by RWAP »

Marcel has asked me to deal with the marketing and distribution of his QL-VGA boards.

They are also suitable for the Spectrum +2 and Spectrum+128 :)

£70 + shipping each (including VAT).

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/45023

RalfR
Aurora

Re: QL VGA Boards

Post by RalfR »

Quantity Available 0

:D

4E75 7000
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Well, that was fast :)

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I am guessing there may be another run if these are popular (and they probably will be) ?

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I'm working on a single-board successor that hopefully can be manufactured in slightly bigger numbers as for this run much hand-soldering was still needed. Design is ready, but I have to postpone ordering a prototype because of my upcoming holiday. If that works (and that is quite some "if" as that is by far the most complex board I have ever designed) then it can be manufactured on a bigger scale.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

mk79 wrote:I'm working on a single-board successor that hopefully can be manufactured in slightly bigger numbers as for this run much hand-soldering was still needed. Design is ready, but I have to postpone ordering a prototype because of my upcoming holiday. If that works (and that is quite some "if" as that is by far the most complex board I have ever designed) then it can be manufactured on a bigger scale.
Go for 1,000! ;). Alright, perhaps not 1,000. But if they also happened to be a bit cheaper as a result of that (I know I keep going on about it) you'd shift 100 easily.

And it was good to see them readily available online for people to buy - at least it was until they sold out.

Einen schönen Urlaub!

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Yes 100 would be easy to sell, as they also appeal to Spectrum+128 and Spectrum +2 users. Not managed to try one on a Spectrum+2A/+2B or +3 mind!

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

I tried one on a +2 grey, works a treat.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

RWAP wrote:Yes 100 would be easy to sell, as they also appeal to Spectrum+128 and Spectrum +2 users. Not managed to try one on a Spectrum+2A/+2B or +3 mind!
+2A/+2B and +3 have analog video output and are therefore not compatible. QL-VGA expects digital TTL signals as input, only 128 and +2 have that.

Storycrafter
ROM Dongle

Post by Storycrafter »

As does Commodore 128, although it also uses the intensity signaling for additional, brighter colors (getting that right requires hacks).