Various accessories for QL

Sell your QL items here!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Various accessories for QL

Post by Chr$ »

HAOUI wrote:
It is Ok for me, hoping it is also Ok for Klaus and Derek.
Regards,
Alain
I have to go to the post office a lot, in fact I can prepare things and give them to the post woman so usually don't need to go anywhere. I think Klaus is also in Germany(?) and I promise both will pay exactly the same as if they bought them from you. Postage is pretty reasonable from Germany to other European countries and I wouldn't want to make any profit out of hardcore QLers!

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
HAOUI
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by HAOUI »

Thank you Chris,I am very relieved and delighted.
I've already prepared the package (one big parcel). It will be on the way for you on tomorrow morning.
Regards,
Alain

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

HAOUI wrote:Thank you Chris,I am very relieved and delighted.
I've already prepared the package (one big parcel). It will be on the way for you on tomorrow morning.
Regards,
Alain
Ok, great.

Klaus, Derek, leave it with me, I'll be in touch when I have it all and will pm you both to arrange sending your desired items.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
klausfrank
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by klausfrank »

Hi Chr$,
It is OK with me - and thank you very much.
Regards

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I'd be interested in the mouse interface - never seen one of those particular variants - so if Chris is getting the whole bundle and sending parts on - I'd be happy to take that one if it's going?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Excellent stuff.

The Amadeus Interlink was basically a high speed network designed to be used between QLs, PCs and other machines - they developed it when they realised it could be used for Fleet Tactical Command!

A lot of this stuff is missing from the QL Wiki :)

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Pr0f wrote:I'd be interested in the mouse interface - never seen one of those particular variants - so if Chris is getting the whole bundle and sending parts on - I'd be happy to take that one if it's going?
Oh, that was one of the things I would have been likely to keep, but I'm not 100% sure. When I get everything I'll see how I get on with it.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

RWAP wrote:Excellent stuff.

The Amadeus Interlink was basically a high speed network designed to be used between QLs, PCs and other machines - they developed it when they realised it could be used for Fleet Tactical Command!

Hi Rich,

If you remember, I sold you an Amadeus interface and a parallel module that allowed the QL to network with a PC running MSDOS and DIREN's QL-PC File Server allowed the PC resources to used by the QL. There was manuals with the units I sold.

I must admit, I wish I had kept it, but this Amadeus unit has a sound interface, the parallel module can be connected to it as well.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

Chr$ wrote:
Pr0f wrote:I'd be interested in the mouse interface - never seen one of those particular variants - so if Chris is getting the whole bundle and sending parts on - I'd be happy to take that one if it's going?
Oh, that was one of the things I would have been likely to keep, but I'm not 100% sure. When I get everything I'll see how I get on with it.
No problem, let me know if you are letting it go... :-)

HAOUI
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by HAOUI »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
RWAP wrote:Excellent stuff.

Hi Rich,

If you remember, I sold you an Amadeus interface and a parallel module thaf allowed the QL to network with a PC running MSDOS and DIREN's QL-PC File Server alllowed the PC resources to used by the QL. There was manuals with tge u its I sold.

I must admit, I wish I had kept it, but this Amadeus unit has a sound inteface, the parallel module can be connected to it as well.
I found following about Amdeus system in a QLhistry2005 document from The Distribution DVD.

Di-Ren launch the ill-fated System Amadeus, a token ring expansion system designed to allow peripherals to be daisy chained from the EPROM slot of a QL. The system promised parallel ports, fast serial ports, DIY interfaces, sound sampler and playback, but was eventually abandoned later in the year.
Amadeus.png
Amadeus.png (134.5 KiB) Viewed 4656 times