QL-SD Prototype @50GBP

Sell your QL items here!
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Re: QL-SD Prototype @50GBP

Post by Outsoft »

tofro wrote:You might be at risk here :)

I have one Super GC and one GC here. Without modifications, none of them worked out of the box with QL-SD. After a bit of fiddling with added RC filters and pull-downs, I could at least get the SGC to work reliably with QL-SD in one of my QLs. Whether it works or not, is apparently depending on the QL issue as well - Earlier models surprisingly seem to work better, IMHO. Out of 3 QLs, the one that works best is a very early MGG. The others seem to work well for some time with the SGC + QL-SD, but develop intermediate write errors after several hours of running (which can unfortunately destroy the file system image beyond readability, so you want that to work "rock solid").

You shouldn't just assume "it might work" - If it does, you're lucky, but you'd better assume it won't. (This is not blaming the QL-SD itself, rather more the very bad combined signal quality of the QL and the (S)GC, which seemingly push the original QL's design to the limits)

Tobias
Ok ;)

We will try on some Samsung Mad QL (italian) If it can work ^_^

SM7I
ROM Dongle

Post by SM7I »

Are they gone again ? I'm really not in synch with the offerings :(

Can't I just order one here directly and you'll drop me an paypal invoice ?

Paul
Gold Card

Post by Paul »

SM7I wrote:Are they gone again ? I'm really not in synch with the offerings :(

Can't I just order one here directly and you'll drop me an paypal invoice ?
I don't accept preorder. I'm just a hobbyist offering items I have available at a time.
There will be a longer period without new offers right now. I need a holiday from soldering and do some more programming. The prototypes are all gone.
I have enhanced PCB at home and will be offering more QLSD this year. I don't expect them to be available before October.
By the way I only offer via SellMyRetro because I think Rich Mellor helps the community so much he deserves the small earnings he gets from this. Although selling in pounds is ridiculous for people from Europe.
kind regards Paul