Metacomco (or other) assembler in MDV format

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
gertk
Hardware Hero

Metacomco (or other) assembler in MDV format

Post by gertk »

I am looking for a MDV image of the Metacomco Assembler for the QL

It was the only MD tape I carefully kept for years but it has died (tape damaged, pad gone).

Also is there some Linux/Dos/Win tool to generate MDV images from a bunch of files ?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Metacomco (or other) assembler in MDV format

Post by tofro »

Gert,

depends a bit on what you think a "Microdrive Image" might be - Is that the same format that QEMulator and QLay use?

If yes, then qlayt is your friend (and no need to fetch it from a faraway place ;) )

http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/A.Jaw.Venema/qlayt090.zip

This should be able to copy files into Q-Emulator-compatible mdv images.

Regards,
Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

If you can send me some proof of ownership (by email), I will send you the necessary files - I can't remember if q-emulator can save to microdrive image files (I don't think so), but I can let you have them as a QL Zip if that is any good?

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Forgive me for jumping in here chaps, but as this is related:

Rich, would you be able to provide me with a copy of Assembler Workbench, either a disk version or a download version that works with Q-emuLator? I can send you a photo of my copy including case and mdvs if you like. How much would you charge for that?

I have decided to dabble in 68008 assembler just for a bit of fun. I don't expect to actually produce anything beyond playing around with a bit of arithmetic and branching.

I notice that the files are available on the Quanta Library - I am no longer a member, but is the program public domain now?

Thanks
Jean-Yves

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Sparrowhawk wrote:Forgive me for jumping in here chaps, but as this is related:

Rich, would you be able to provide me with a copy of Assembler Workbench, either a disk version or a download version that works with Q-emuLator? I can send you a photo of my copy including case and mdvs if you like. How much would you charge for that?

I have decided to dabble in 68008 assembler just for a bit of fun. I don't expect to actually produce anything beyond playing around with a bit of arithmetic and branching.

I notice that the files are available on the Quanta Library - I am no longer a member, but is the program public domain now?

Thanks
Jean-Yves

Hi Jean-Yves,

Yes of course I can do that - on this occasion - no charge...

The copyright situation is difficult to ascertain - Talent believe that Quanta purchased the rights off them to Assembler Workbench and it is available still to Quanta members as part of the Quanta library.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get clarification from Quanta as to whether they own the rights or are willing to make it public domain, as the version in the library has had several changes made to it by Quanta members....

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Thanks for the quick reply Rich..

Seems like you must spend much of your life trying to ascertain the copyright status of QL software! :)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves