Talent Software - Removing Copy Protection

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Talent Software - Removing Copy Protection

Post by RWAP »

Does anyone have any working copies of :

a) Cartridge Doctor
b) PCB 1 and 2

Both are by Talent - I do of course offer these programs to people who are interested - but I cannot find my version of Cartridge Doctor which has the copy protection removed and works on expanded memory (I think the boot file is v1.1c for this).

I have rescued all of the files for PCB1 but don't have a working master, so it will only work in demo mode..

There are other Talent programs I am also missing fully working versions (without copy protection):
c) Strip Poker
d) 3D Designer
e) Assembler Workbench
f) Bridge
g) Microdeal's Lands of Havoc - I have a few working copies of this, but the main character disappears when moving left or right (!)

It would be nice to be able to preserve these and add them to the QL Wiki etc - if not make available a "collected works of Talent"

There are no issues around copyright - as I have the distribution rights to Talent's software.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Talent Software - Removing Copy Protection

Post by vanpeebles »

More games are always welcome! :D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I like the way Rich lists Strip Poker first - now we know which games he likes to play :twisted:

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

eeeeeee :oops:

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

vanpeebles wrote:eeeeeee :oops:
Feel free to remove my comment if anppropriate, vanpeebles.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Haha no I love a bit of innuendo :lol: Titter ye not!

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I don't mind a little innuendo - though I was never taken that much by Samantha Fox...

Thanks to one of the users on here, I now have a working copy of Lands of Havoc :D

He also provided me with Cartridge Doctor which runs without copy protection - although this has the v1.1a boot loader (which loads the program to a specific address in memory). Oddly, the main program with v1.1a was some 61K in size - the version of the main program I have which comes with v1.1b is only 35K, so maybe the whole program was re-written...

I need to check on version numbers etc of the main program I think.

He also provided me with Assembler Workbench (the Talent version) - I have not looked at this, but you have to remember that the rights to this one are actually with Quanta who released their own later (upgraded) version without copy protection !!

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Hi RWAP, I have a Bridge program somewhere in one of my moving boxes, when I get sometime to look I will send it to you, I am not sure if this is Talent though, it maybe CP software based on one Ive just looked at on eBay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/