Super Croupier, no longer MIA

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Super Croupier, no longer MIA

Post by Chr$ »

As far as recovering stuff from old microdrive cartridges goes, I was about as excited as I can get when I came across what appears to be an original Super Croupier cartridge, especially after reading here that it is MIA and knowing that Pyramide games are generally quite highly regarded. After re-felting it had issues, but I persevered and in the end only one sector was stubbornly refusing to spill its bits. Fortunately that single sector, while part of an important file, doesn't seem to affect the functionality.

I've changed the wiki entry to mark it no longer MIA and have added some further info. I'm not going to bother trying to add images (edit: but I did, and it failed as usual), but will include some here. Simone at the 'QL-Archive-Central' has a copy of the dump.
splashscreen.png
roulette.png
poker.png
slots.png
carta.png

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Super Croupier, no longer MIA

Post by dilwyn »

Wow, looks good! Well done, Chr$.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

A great find and well done on the restoration work to get it working.

Nice to see Miner Willy making a cameo appearance too :D

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Chr$ wrote:As far as recovering stuff from old microdrive cartridges goes, I was about as excited as I can get when I came across what appears to be an original Super Croupier cartridge, especially after reading here that it is MIA and knowing that Pyramide games are generally quite highly regarded. After re-felting it had issues, but I persevered and in the end only one sector was stubbornly refusing to spill its bits. Fortunately that single sector, while part of an important file, doesn't seem to affect the functionality.

I've changed the wiki entry to mark it no longer MIA and have added some further info. I'm not going to bother trying to add images (edit: but I did, and it failed as usual), but will include some here. Simone at the 'QL-Archive-Central' has a copy of the dump.
Hi,

What happens with all this software that has been recovered?

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Hi,
What happens with all this software that has been recovered?
People like Simone and Rich keep them safely preserved. If we get permission to re-release them (trying to contact the authors can be a very difficult job), at least they're ready to go. They go on my website if and when we get permission to release them as freeware/PD. Quite a lot of formerly commerical stuff has ended up on my site through this very route.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Sparrowhawk wrote:A great find and well done on the restoration work to get it working.

Nice to see Miner Willy making a cameo appearance too :D
And is the other character Snoopy?! Certainly looks like Snoopy.
Derek_Stewart wrote: What happens with all this software that has been recovered?
I send MIA stuff and other intact dumps of QL software to Simone in Italy. He has a huge collection of dumped QL mdv and floppy images. This list is a bit out of date now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bz4v8whvjds1s ... a.txt?dl=0

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

chr$ wrote:I'm not going to bother trying to add images (edit: but I did, and it failed as usual)
It seems I'm on a roll today. I manged to insert your images from your post above, into the Wiki with only one 403 error. Progress!

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Thanks Norm.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Please send me the images - I am in touch with Pyramide and will ask about re-releasing this.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Here's another little MIA recovery: QDoctor v1.01 by Adder. From a non original mdv cart.

Tiny file in a qzip, needs to be Exec'd.

Absolutely no commercial value and I can't imagine anyone is going to sue me, so here it is.
qdoc_image.png
Attachments
qdoc.zip
(2.93 KiB) Downloaded 74 times