PE Programming for dummies

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Artificer
Brittle Membrane

Re: PE Programming for dummies

Post by Artificer »

Tinyfgpa wrote :
I assume your screen shot is not of your Q68
The screen shot is of the actual screen display on my Q68. The screen scrape was converted to a .jpg using QT-Image. No PC involved except in the upload to this site.

The Q68 has 16 bit colour in 1024x512 mode 33 as one of its screen options. It is about gold card+ speed with this.

The toolbar at the bottom of the screenshot with all the icons is QDOCK a program from the great Dilwyn Jones and available on his website.

Cheers

Tinyfpga
Gold Card

Post by Tinyfpga »

1024 x 512 would explain the shape of your screenshot. Impressive for 16 colours and a ten year old (or more) FPGA. What is the [+] button? On my setup your "SBASIC" button comes up labeled "System"

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Tinyfpga wrote:1024 x 512 would explain the shape of your screenshot. Impressive for 16 colours and a ten year old (or more) FPGA.
Not 16 colours, but 16-bit colours (65536)!

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Artificer
Brittle Membrane

Post by Artificer »

The "[+]" button is qcascade. It can be renamed and for me it is "[+]". My "SBASIC" button was "System" but I edited the QPAC2 code to make "system" in to "SBASIC". Same number of letters and Sbasic/Superbasic is not the system : that's QDOS/smsqe/minerva so I renamed it.

Cheers

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Andrew wrote:Charmap - The Final version
now everything works!
Perhaps its only me, but..
Charmap Load Font
Charmap Load Font
Charmap.jpg (16.98 KiB) Viewed 3093 times
this is what I get whenever I fire up the file selector. Cant get past it to load a different fo(u)nt.

Im using QPC2 V5.02 in high colour full screen mode. I cant see a Charmap version number anywhere, but this relates to the one quoted above.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

pjw wrote:Perhaps its only me, but..
this is what I get whenever I fire up the file selector. Cant get past it to load a different fo(u)nt.

Im using QPC2 V5.02 in high colour full screen mode. I cant see a Charmap version number anywhere, but this relates to the one quoted above.
Can't reproduce the error.
I have tried on QPC2 1920 x1080 and 1024x768 resolution , 32 bit color and it works
I even tried running several Charmap instances at the same time

It is easy to add a line REMark $$stak=2048 and recompile - but on my system there is no difference.
I presume that the stack is depleated because you have too many files and/or sudirectories in a directory .
I do not have more than 512 files in a directory
Charmap3.jpg

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Assuming that you are still using my file selector code (I haven't tried the latest Character Map yet) you may well find that a larger stack is needed, especially when sorting the file list.

As an example, my Q-Trans file handler allocates about 32K of stack because of the use of a recursive quicksort sorting routine

Bear in mind though that Q-Trans has two columns of filenames so if both are sorted it quickly becomes a massive use of SBASIC stack. The amount of stack used can grow sharply as the number of files increases. Would probably be an idea to create a huge number of files in a drive or directory somewhere and test it on that.

Per could probably use the QLib_patch program to experiment with how much stack space it needs for his system and you could then use a $$stak directive in the program to set it to a high value by default.

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

dilwyn wrote:Assuming that you are still using my file selector code (I haven't tried the latest Character Map yet) you may well find that a larger stack is needed, especially when sorting the file list.
yes, I am using your code
dilwyn wrote:Would probably be an idea to create a huge number of files in a drive or directory somewhere and test it on that.
I created a directory with 1185 files. Everything works - files are correctly displayed and sorted/unsorted/filtered/loaded.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

I dont think I have any directory with 1200 files in it, unless its in DOS, but I dont know which directory its trying to open. Anyway. I'll give it another spin and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Well, I did that, and now it seems everything works as intended! I dont know what happened before. I had been testing rather a lot of different software recently, mine and others', so something somewhere may not be as it should! Impossible to retrace now, so we'll just have to see.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

pjw wrote:Ibut I dont know which directory its trying to open.
First Load Font opens Home_Dir$
Subsequent Load Font opens the last visited directory.