McGraw-Hill Assembler

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: McGraw-Hill Assembler

Post by mk79 »

Chr$ wrote:*little rant alert* I haven't been able to add an image to the wiki or reliably edit/add text since September 2020, since changes were made to the hosting, server, or whatever it was.
At least you have the theoretical right, I was denied flat out last time I tried it ;) Sounds like I haven‘t missed much

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hi Ralf,

I've had a look at all my fonts, "Syntax" is not one of them.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Here's a page on my little website with the McGraw Hill Assembler photos and a scanned PDF version of the manual. Anyone that is brave enough to put those pics on the wiki is welcome to try it.
https://qxl.win/mcgraw_hill.htm

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Ah, I also have this. The included SuperBASIC forms the first version of S_Edit ;) and was copied in much places from TT's sedit.

Have you tried the editor? "cursor_code" are CURSEN and CURDIS (as far as I remember), but there is a missing file ROOM_BIN. The editor holds the text in an array and the two keywords MAKE_ROOM and TAKE_ROOM are used to add or delete an entry in the text array.

4E75 7000
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

I have downloaded the Assmbler Manual and corrected the double page scannning, so that there is one page per page. l have cleaned up any black marks.

Just got to OCR it eith Tesseract and edit the text file into a pdf file. Only 40 pages.

I upload the finished manual here.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

RalfR wrote:Ah, I also have this. The included SuperBASIC forms the first version of S_Edit ;) and was copied in much places from TT's sedit.

Have you tried the editor? "cursor_code" are CURSEN and CURDIS (as far as I remember), but there is a missing file ROOM_BIN. The editor holds the text in an array and the two keywords MAKE_ROOM and TAKE_ROOM are used to add or delete an entry in the text array.
I haven't even tried it! Perhaps the ROOM_BIN file gets generated somehow. Write protect tab is missing and all appears to be original.

Double page scanning is so much quicker to undertake Derek, but I will of course replace it with your version when done.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Chr$ wrote:I haven't even tried it! Perhaps the ROOM_BIN file gets generated somehow.
Hmm, not as far as I know. Perhaps you can upload the editor here?

4E75 7000
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

RalfR wrote:
Chr$ wrote:I haven't even tried it! Perhaps the ROOM_BIN file gets generated somehow.
Here it is (zipped in windows, as it's just a text file). Different version perhaps.
Attachments
McGraw_editor.zip
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Thank you! Yes, this seems to be an earlier version than mine.

4E75 7000
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote:
RalfR wrote:
Here it is (zipped in windows, as it's just a text file). Different version perhaps.
Had a little play, seems quite nice.

To get it to run in SBASIC, I had to change the IF....: END Define lines to IF... : RETurn as SBASIC doesn't seem to like then conditional END DEFines, other than that, it seems to work quite well.