NFS_USE

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

NFS_USE

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

Hello to all
I often use the NFS_USE command to read data on hard drives connected to QPC on other PCs on my network (I really like experimenting with the use of the network)
But I can't find a command to view the settings entered with this command.
Can someone help me?

martyn_hill
Aurora

Re: NFS_USE

Post by martyn_hill »

Ciao Giorgio!

I assume that you are using Martin Head's IPNet solution to effectively encapsulate the QL Network over TCP in order to inter-connect your PCs running QPC.

Like the native TK2 NFS_USE, I don't believe Martin included a function to return the current NFS_USE 'mappings', though these mappings can be manually queried from the NET device-driver definition block if you are happy with a bit of PEEKing around. Developing a new SBasic function for this purpose would be pretty straightforward...

EDIT: Martin's later IPNet package (at least from v1.11) includes just such a function - NFS_USE$. (I was originally reading the earlier IPNet documentation - trust Martin to add such a useful function! - his work on this plus the more recent Q68Eth drivers are really outstanding)

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

Thanks for the help..I was looking at old documentation :-(

sorry

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

For anyone that's interested. NFS_USE$ is also available in the NAServer package for the Black Box QL http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/internet/index.html