QL TK2 Network bug...

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
martyn_hill
Aurora

Re: QL TK2 Network bug...

Post by martyn_hill »

mk79 wrote:Well, there is https://www.kilgus.net/2017/03/19/toolk ... he-sequel/, which was the home of 2.32, too (by the way, you're a bit behind!)
Thanks Marcel! I didn't just want to assume you'd be happy to host another ROM image :-)

I'll check out any NET related updates since v2.32 (which has been my 'go-to' version for a while) and pick the latest source to adjust for this latest issue. Martin Head mentioned the N8_ bug just now....
mk79 wrote:Well, a) the SMSQ/E caretaker is Wolfgang
Darn it, of course! Apologies to Wolfgang for the mis-creditation!
mk79 wrote: and b) my sources are already part of SMSQ/E.
I was never sure whether the standalone TK2 ROM source was supposed to live within the SMSQ/E sources - I get it now :-)

So, that's the repository sorted - I just need to tweak the driver a little and share it back with you and Wolfgang :-)

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Martin_Head wrote:I don't know if Marcel has already fixed it, but there is/was a bug in TK2 that effects the network driver with the N8_ device.

In the 'wild card' routines that handle something like DIR N8_FLP1_ . the routine checks for N0_ to N7_ instead of N1_ to N8_
Wolfgang fixed that in the source in late 2017, so 2.32 should probably be the first version that contains the fix even though it's not mentioned in the version history.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

martyn_hill wrote:
mk79 wrote:Well, there is https://www.kilgus.net/2017/03/19/toolk ... he-sequel/, which was the home of 2.32, too (by the way, you're a bit behind!)
Thanks Marcel! I didn't just want to assume you'd be happy to host another ROM image :-)
Ah, of course, no problem :-) I'm kinda proud of the fact that I was the first to make new TK2 versions ;)
I'll check out any NET related updates since v2.32 (which has been my 'go-to' version for a while) and pick the latest source to adjust for this latest issue. Martin Head mentioned the N8_ bug just now....
That should be in wclook_asm already.
mk79 wrote: and b) my sources are already part of SMSQ/E.
I was never sure whether the standalone TK2 ROM source was supposed to live within the SMSQ/E sources - I get it now :-)[/quote]As they share a huge amount of code we decided to include it. And not only that, there's also the sbsext_utq library that is not needed for SMSQ/E but for anything that wants to work under QDOS. Also, for example, the QL-SD driver is also included because it, too, shares a huge amount of code with SMSQ/E.
So, that's the repository sorted - I just need to tweak the driver a little and share it back with you and Wolfgang :-)
I've sent my stuff to Wolfgang for a new SMSQ/E a few weeks ago, so I hope a new release is coming soon.