QXL endian

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

QXL endian

Post by dilwyn »

Having a blank moment...

Writing a snippet of code to manipulate screen memory (for my own use only) I need to check if QXL video memory will be little-endian (like its host PC) or big-endian 68K style?

I would have thought that as a QXL has mode 32 it might be little-endian, but I'm sure someone will know the real answer.

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Re: QXL endian

Post by Peter »

Little-endian.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Thanks Peter. I had my vaccination last Friday and I'm not feeling too clever after it, so still not thinking too clearly and feeling ill. More to do with standing outside in a queue for 45 minutes in the cold wind and heavy rain while waiting than the jab itself I think (i.e. more like cold or chill rather than usual side effects of vaccines).

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

Get well soon, and thanks for keeping up your website and all your precious QL work.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Yeah, TT insisted on little endian despite my insistence otherwise because back then the host PCs often were slower then the 68040 on the QXL. Still don't like it...

And good for you for getting the vac... I'm prepared to feel shit for a day or two but nobody gives me one ;-)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

mk79 wrote:Yeah, TT insisted on little endian despite my insistence otherwise because back then the host PCs often were slower then the 68040 on the QXL. Still don't like it...

And good for you for getting the vac... I'm prepared to feel shit for a day or two but nobody gives me one ;-)
Nah, you're too young (yet) Marcel!