Tankbusters and Psion Matchpoint

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Tankbusters and Psion Matchpoint

Post by bwinkel67 »

So I'm a longtime owner of these two titles and just got them out of storage. I think I will likely need to fix the felts on the microdrives. Has anyone created zip files of these two titles? I'm not sure if they are in the public domain but below is a picture of them showing I own them. I'm hoping someone can email me the zip files so I can avoid trying to recover them from the cartridges (last resort).
Games.jpg

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Tankbusters and Psion Matchpoint

Post by bwinkel67 »

Just realized that Matchpoint is copy protected. Has that been bypassed so it can run from a floppy or an SD card?

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

bwinkel67 wrote:Just realized that Matchpoint is copy protected. Has that been bypassed so it can run from a floppy or an SD card?
And Tankbusters too (a very hard one).

4E75 7000
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I'd be interested in Matchpoint too (I have the original and can also show a pic). I never got tankbusters, is it any good?

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

bwinkel67 wrote:So I'm a longtime owner of these two titles and just got them out of storage. I think I will likely need to fix the felts on the microdrives. Has anyone created zip files of these two titles? I'm not sure if they are in the public domain but below is a picture of them showing I own them. I'm hoping someone can email me the zip files so I can avoid trying to recover them from the cartridges (last resort).

Games.jpg
Ooooh, I don't have Tank Busters. If you do get a modern version and want to sell the original, let me know.

I can send you and Sparrowhawk an .mdv image of Matchpoint that certainly works in qemulator so doesn't seem to be protected. Interestingly the game text (just a few words like 'player' etc) is in German though. I have a dump of an original, but that will also be protected.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

If anyone has a Tankbusters suite with a file called "0815", that was cracked by Martin Berndt, as he said, it was not easy :D

4E75 7000
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Chr$ wrote:
bwinkel67 wrote:So I'm a longtime owner of these two titles and just got them out of storage. I think I will likely need to fix the felts on the microdrives. Has anyone created zip files of these two titles? I'm not sure if they are in the public domain but below is a picture of them showing I own them. I'm hoping someone can email me the zip files so I can avoid trying to recover them from the cartridges (last resort).

Games.jpg
Ooooh, I don't have Tank Busters. If you do get a modern version and want to sell the original, let me know.

I can send you and Sparrowhawk an .mdv image of Matchpoint that certainly works in qemulator so doesn't seem to be protected. Interestingly the game text (just a few words like 'player' etc) is in German though. I have a dump of an original, but that will also be protected.
Someone emailed me a captured version of Tank Busters that still needs the original MDV to run on my QL. I may look at what is needed to crack it. Back in the day I did modify it by stepping through it with a debugger to have it no longer switch to monitor mode (i.e. I have figured out the hack to keep it in TV mode).

Would love a version of MatchPoint that works in Qemulator. Haven't yet tried my original on the QL since I need to re-felt although they look ok for now but I think that's pretty deceiving :-) I used to play MatchPoint alot about 20+ years ago and found it a fun game. I also got a ZIP of MatchPoint that is still copy protected but at least I can stick that on my SD card and hopefully it will hit my original MDV's minimally to make them last longer. Is there a way to sector copy the MDV to another MDV to ensure a second key copy? Again, not trying to duplicate to distribute (unless someone owns a copy and lost their key) just want it to not all of a sudden stop working and be SOL.

Thanks to all that have helped here, much appreciated. Unfortunately besides those two, all I have left is Flight Simulator and QMonitor (the rest is all software that I wrote myself) and both are in the same state (felt needs repair) but if I can get them fixed I will certainly create ZIP/MDV images for anyone that already owns an original copy (unless they are free for distribution which I haven't checked).