QD Hyperhelp

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

QD Hyperhelp

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I could not remember the QPTR toolkit S*Basic commands to create Sprites, Window definitions, so I have added the QPTR Toolkit S*Basic keywords from the manual to the QD Hyperhelp system.

Now pressing F1 over the specific command loads the keyword syntax an command description in another QD Window.

Works really nice, once configured, by pointing the QD Help option to a help directory holding separate files of of the keyword description, indexed by a help file index, searched by QD.

I also added the DBAS commands which comes in handy for rendering how to use the database commands.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QD Hyperhelp

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have convertrd the Easy Pointer 4, S*Basic commands list and descriptions to be used with QD Hyper mhelp.

The good thing about the QD Help system is that the individual help files describing the keyword can be modified whrn displayed after pressing F1. To maybe add persnal notes about the commands.

I guess no one uses QD for progamming, due to the lack replies.

Regards,

Derek
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

QD annoys me! I like it, but it has a foible or two, which I forget at the moment, that cause my assembler files to get errors from GWASS. I think it's becauseva TAB key is saved as a TAB, not as the 4 spaces I want. I'm sure I've configured it to convert. But don't quote me!

I need to figure it out, soon.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Norm,

I configure QD to expand the Tabs to 4 spaces or what the Tab has been defined as.

I never liked the Tab compression.

I am sorry to say I am looking at more C than assembler. But I have been disassembling QPAC2, with DISA.

Regards,

Derek
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Derek_Stewart wrote: I never liked the Tab compression.
I dont like it either. Bloody nuisance. Many of the SMSQ/E source files are thus compressed, and unless you have tab compression set in QD you get the unreadable compressed version when you load them. For some of those files you actually NEED tab compression or the file wont fit in Qmac's buffer (viz A Cautionary Tale).
This little utility makes life just a little more bearable for me in such cases. Compile it and put it on a hotkey. Pressing the hotkey turns tab (de)compression on for that instance of QD and reloads the file making it readable. Quitting or even re-saving, restores the compressed tabs. The next QD instance you start behaves as normal. Whwether this is usefule for you depends on how you use QD and how much of an issue tab compression is..

Code: Select all

rem $$asmb=dev4_Q_stf_STUFF_BIN,0,10
100 f5% = 248
110 f2% = 236
120 STUFF -5, f5%, -2,'aa', 27, -2, f2%, 'lo'
STUFF is available off Knoware.no. You could maybe adapt the program to use some other command. In that case note that negative integers => pause that many frames.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Per,

Thank you for the information, it makes sense to reduce the file size of the source code being assembled by compressing the TABS, this was something I always wondered about.

Since this is a QMAC or QMAKE problem, which I must confess to only using QMAC, I biught QMAKE, before it was free.

Does GWASS have this problem and the MAKE programme from C68 could probably replace QMAKE. But I there would have to be some changes to the SMSQ/E makefile. Maybe too much work...

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Been there, done that (minus the weapon, and replace the hard stuff with some bottles of good red wine, giving about the same amount of rpm).

There seems to be an upper limit of file (table, whatever) size in QMAC, regardless of how much memory you give to it. Mind you, you were lucky receiving a "buffer full" error. In my case, QMAC was at some points spitting out all sorts of weird error messages on otherwise totally legit lines.

I found no other way around that than to split files on some occasions in the end (because even with TAB compression, they were still too large).

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Does GWASS have this problem
as far as I remember, GWASS doesn't like tabs. I'm 98% certain of that as I'm now using QED for all my assembly source files and I'm not saving tabs as TAB characters, but as spaces.

I'd need to check to be 100% certain though.

Cheers,
Norm.

BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

NormanDunbar wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:Does GWASS have this problem
as far as I remember, GWASS doesn't like tabs. I'm 98% certain of that as I'm now using QED for all my assembly source files and I'm not saving tabs as TAB characters, but as spaces.

I'd need to check to be 100% certain though.
Sorry Norm, but GWASS does process TABs without problems.

BSJR

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Thanks. GWASL doesn't - gives illegal instruction error. My confusion. :(

Cheers,
Norm.