gwasl EQU_SYM not found

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
ajb
ROM Dongle

gwasl EQU_SYM not found

Post by ajb »

I've been using QMAC for a long while and it works nicely. However, I thought I'd give GWASL a whirl. I tried downloads from gwiltprogs.info and Dilwyn's site but I ran into the same problem with both. The downloads were both unzipped [ew flp1_unzip; "mdv3_gwaslp08.zip -d flp2_"] to individual floppy images created in Qemulator. For either download, after redistributing the images, when I type "ew flp1_gwasl_BIN" a window pops up saying "EQU_SYM file not found". After a pregnant pause some garbage is printed in the same window and the command prompt belatedly reappears. Looking at the source code of gwasl (gwasl4_asm) the hard-coded filename looks to be "flp1_gwass_equ2_sym". A file of that exact name exists on my system. My registered Qemulator settings are defaults except for memory (4Mb) and speed (fast). I'm therefore puzzled and advice would be appreciated.

Changing tack back to QMAC - is there a way to suppress warnings in the list file (preferably by number)?

Failing any of those, is there a decent QL cross compiler out there?

Alan

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: gwasl EQU_SYM not found

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Alan,

The EQU_SYM file location is defined in a config block in the GWASL_BIN file.

Get MENUCONFIG, which requires menu_rext to run, or CONFIG which reads the config blocks and the EQU_SYM file can be redefined.

Once this is done the assembler will run on Q-emulator, or any other QL.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
ajb
ROM Dongle

Re: gwasl EQU_SYM not found

Post by ajb »

Thanks Derek. That worked perfectly.

I'd still be interested to know whether warning suppression is available under QMAC (looks like a big ask) and also whether there's a recommended PC (Linux or Windows) cross compiler for the QL.

Alan