Writing $$external extensions with QLib

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Writing $$external extensions with QLib

Post by dilwyn »

Ralf R. wrote:
EmmBee wrote:
Ralf R. wrote: I meant the patch programs from WLs site. There are a few with similar names.
Can you give us a link?
Direct link for the ZIP is: https://www.wlenerz.com/smsqe/utilities.zip

I have thought, these ones are for repairing the things.
There's also the (limited) documentation at https://www.wlenerz.com/smsqe/Troubleshooting.zip. Or you can access everything from the page https://www.wlenerz.com/smsqe/add1.html

I think it was me who asked Wolfgang to make these files available, most (if not all) of which were on the original commercial SMSQ/E disks from Jochen.

If anyone has the time and patience, it might be an idea to add more descriptive text,, an outline of what each program should be used for etc etc, and send them to Wolfgang to add to the package.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

EmmBee wrote:<>
I've now completed my efforts, renaming Martin's Q_Liberator decompile. This was posted on the decompiler thread. So, I thought I would also post it here in case you missed it and for everyone else who would like to see this. I believe I have got the vast majority of the meanings correct. There were just under 400 variable names to attach the right meaning to. I welcome any comments.
Thanks for doing a great job!
I am, however, loathe to roll up my sleeves just yet. IMHO efforts should be organised otherwise we'll just duplicate efforts and make a mess. Ideally, someone with enough time and skill should be the Go To person. Will that be you? Or should we just do the normal QL thing: Each to his own and to hell with compatibility :D

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Whops! This should probably have gone in the other thread!

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

pjw wrote:
EmmBee wrote:<>
I've now completed my efforts, renaming Martin's Q_Liberator decompile. This was posted on the decompiler thread. So, I thought I would also post it here in case you missed it and for everyone else who would like to see this. I believe I have got the vast majority of the meanings correct. There were just under 400 variable names to attach the right meaning to. I welcome any comments.
Thanks for doing a great job!
I am, however, loathe to roll up my sleeves just yet. IMHO efforts should be organised otherwise we'll just duplicate efforts and make a mess. Ideally, someone with enough time and skill should be the Go To person. Will that be you? Or should we just do the normal QL thing: Each to his own and to hell with compatibility :D
Hi Per,
Thanks for your comments. I know how interested you are in this venture/project. It would be good if we could pool our efforts, and work together on this. We could share the responsibility? I was very pleased to have completed the renaming, but it took an amazing amount of time to do!

Let me tell you how far I've got. I've got the REMarks at the end of lines anywhere, as in S*BASIC sorted out. I've also found out how to move the console around outside of the 512x256 rectangle, except for the QLIB_USE giving an error message when the window is closed. It looks like that will require some machine code work, which I don't myself do. Machine code-wise, we also need to get inside NEXT_TOKEN for the hex and bin tokens. Alain HAOUI has already disassembled that piece, so we are needing to make some amendments and re-assemble it.

I suppose the general plan would be to work towards building a new version of QLiberator - version 3.37. This could be regarded as a celebration effort in response to the original authors making QLiberator freeware and also Martin Head's great work of decompiling it.

Michael

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

pjw wrote:Whops! This should probably have gone in the other thread!
Perhaps we should create a new thread - New QLiberator v3.37?