EasyCircuit v2.01 (German) now Freeware

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: EasyCircuit v2.01 (German) now Freeware

Post by Chr$ »

EmmBee wrote:
I did manage to get the executable to work, after all. I had to use HOT_STOP before LRESPR-ing the extensions, and then use HOT_GO again.
So, I now have this working in QPC2.
Ah, so in layman's terms, if I want to exe the exe using SMSQ/E under QXLII, where exactly do I enter HOT_STOP? Before the easyext_res at line 150 in the boot file? Hmmm, tried that, didn't work. I also tried HOT_STOP before simply trying to EX the EasyCircuit_exe.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

Chr$ wrote:
EmmBee wrote:
I did manage to get the executable to work, after all. I had to use HOT_STOP before LRESPR-ing the extensions, and then use HOT_GO again.
So, I now have this working in QPC2.
Ah, so in layman's terms, if I want to exe the exe using SMSQ/E under QXLII, where exactly do I enter HOT_STOP? Before the easyext_res at line 150 in the boot file? Hmmm, tried that, didn't work. I also tried HOT_STOP before simply trying to EX the EasyCircuit_exe.
I've tried again, but it won't start-up properly. I also get a problem at line 150 - it reports not implemented. I think it may help to load the whole EasyPtr package - think that's how I managed it last time. Trouble is there are so many files, and I don't really know which to LRESPR.

BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

EmmBee wrote: I've tried again, but it won't start-up properly. I also get a problem at line 150 - it reports not implemented. I think it may help to load the whole EasyPtr package - think that's how I managed it last time. Trouble is there are so many files, and I don't really know which to LRESPR.
Normally ptrmen_cde should be enough. Ptrmenr_cde has some extra commands and option useful for recompiling.

BSJR

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

I re-discovered this today and have scanned it for posterity. It's the original EasyCircuit manual (in German) as a zip of a pdf. I'm not sure which version it relates to, but it is well written, has tips for use, technical requirements and may also help to clear up some compatibility issues.

Dilwyn, I see that you have shared EasyCircuit on your website, thanks for doing that and feel free to do the same with this file.
Attachments
EasyCircuitManualDE.zip
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 238 times

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have done an English translation, I will upload here when I have proof read the translation.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I have done an English translation, I will upload here when I have proof read the translation.
Blimey, that was quick. I live in Germany and can speak German but doing a full translation of those 13 pages was a bit daunting and would have taken me ages!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Wel I did it a couple of days ago.

I loaded the German PDF file into GSCAN2PDF in Linux and used Tesseract OCR with the German Language dictionary selected, this gave a German text file, which I usdv Google Translate to convert to English.

But sometimes Google Translate gets the translation not quite right. So I have to proof read the document to make sure I understand the phrasing.

I have to do this as I can only speak English and only order 2 glasses of wine, ask for the bill, in other languages.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Here is my English translation of the manual

Maybe needs someone to look at it who knows English and German phrasing correctly.
EasyCircuitUK_Manual.zip
Easycircuit English Manual in TXT, PDF, ODT format
(80.23 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

I think you're going to hate me now Derek!

After you have clearly gone to some effort, I've just found what appears to be a never version of the EC manual - it refers to newer versions of the required software. I went through some more old 3.5" disks and there it was! And there was even a version as an MS Word 2 Doc, so I was able to open it in the current version of Word (formatting is not quite correct). But no issues with OCRing etc. If you fancy doing this one I will happy check it over and get the native German speaking gf to also check it.

Sorry. I am though, confident that I've gone through all EC related disks so this won't happen again.
Attachments
ECHANDBUCH.zip
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Not alot of work really, only a couple of hours.

I will have look at your word file.

Regards,

Derek