Helpline

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Helpline

Post by dilwyn »

As I rarely get time to touch a QL nowadays, can anyone help with this query received:
I am sorry to trouble you again especially on a weekend.

I am trying - without success - to unzip a number of zip files and I thought that I had ACP installed on my QL (QPC2 actually) but not so !!!

Therefore I have downloaded unzip541xQ.zip from your site. having read just about everything that I can find on this topic, I have managed to unzip the .zip file inside the QL environment - I once got caught out using Winzip in the PC environment and learned about missing headers etc.

What I really want to do is get ACP running again but every time I try EX or EW ing ACP.obj (or_obj) I get an 'invalid parameter' fault. I guess that my copy of ACP_obj must be corrupt.

Back to unzip541xQ_bin, - I cannot find where to tell it the name and location of the zip file that I want to unzip!! like Win1_acp4e01_zip. What have I missed in the README documents?etc.

The other thing I have not done in OH SO MANY YEARS is used the config files - I have replaced them with NEW in case my old ones are corrupt but cannot remember whether to exec them or lRESPR them.
I guess that I could try both and see what happens.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Helpline

Post by NormanDunbar »

I might be wrong, but doesn't ACP require a "special" version of the QLiberator runtime to be installed?

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Dilwyn,

According to Jonathan Hudson's web site, the file: unzip541xQ_bin

This file is a SFX file, so must be LRESPRed, this will generate a UNZIP541 executable.

So, download the file: unzip541xQ_bin, I usually copy this to a QDOS container, ususlly a QWA file.

Then do LRESPR unzip541xQ_bin

And following the on screen directions

The ACP executable sounds like it has lost its header.

ACP requires an up to QLIB runtime

Maybe a QDOS container could be created with the archiver tools without the need to resort to the above file.

Regards,

Derek
BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

dilwyn wrote:As I rarely get time to touch a QL nowadays, can anyone help with this query received:
I am sorry to trouble you again especially on a weekend.
What I really want to do is get ACP running again but every time I try EX or EW ing ACP.obj (or_obj) I get an 'invalid parameter' fault. I guess that my copy of ACP_obj must be corrupt.

Back to unzip541xQ_bin, - I cannot find where to tell it the name and location of the zip file that I want to unzip!! like Win1_acp4e01_zip. What have I missed in the README documents?etc.
The 'invalid parameter' is probably due to a missing sigext30_rext, which must have been LRESPR'd before.
ACP's Godefroy did fix the Qlib_run (mod) but that may only show when running errors occur.
EX devn_unzip_exe; 'devn_filename_zip *-dram2_' should unpack the file to RAM2_.
Once ACP is started links to to Zip, Unzip etc. can be configured from there.

BSJR

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Thanks guys, I'll direct John to the answers given here.