Digital Precision 10 Disk set

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
retro_collector
Brittle Membrane

Digital Precision 10 Disk set

Post by retro_collector »

Does ny one have this set working?

I just got a brand new set of 10 disks, ACT works when you select from the menu. But when I choose 39 which is Professional Astrologer, it says insert disk 10, then I always get an error after formatting FLP2_ completes, then I get AT LINE 153 error in expression,

which is trying to save so code to FLP2_

153 SBYTES"FLP2_"&TTK$(n%),ADDR,6872

and its not just this program, the Perfection word processor when I try from the menu does the same thing, With that I just unzipped the perfection zip file and it works. When I do the same with Professional Astrologer you run it and its looking for EXTENSIONS_CODE and its not in the zip and the program won't run. Of course Extensions_code must add extols to superbasic that Professional Astrologer/Astronomer require

Anyone can help please ?

Thanks!

Bill

Martin_Head
Aurora

Re: Digital Precision 10 Disk set

Post by Martin_Head »

What is the version number of disk 1?

There was some problem with versions before v4.0. I don't know exactly what the problem was, But I have a note form DP dated December 1994, implying extraction problems.

It says the new disk 1 has a yellow label, and briefly announces itself as Version 4.0 on boot up.

retro_collector
Brittle Membrane

Post by retro_collector »

Martin,

The first disk has a yellow sticker on it that says NEW. I boot the disk and I dont see a version 4 and nothing in the boot files either.

Thanks

Bill

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I have sent Bill some other versions of the QL1 disk (neither had the yellow stickers, but both have different boot2 files) !

So far as I know, DP only ever issued an updated QL1 disk - so the problem with Professional Astrologer is odd - I have also sent Bill the Extensions_Code (thankfully it looks to just be the Turbo Toolkit) from the original Astrologer disk