IP Router for Windows

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Martin_Head
Aurora

IP Router for Windows

Post by Martin_Head »

I have been playing with the idea of trying to convert my IP Router program into a Windows program, written in C#. It's my first attempt at writing a C# program. Come to that, It's my first attempt at any kind of C program.

For those not familiar with the IP Router, It's a program for connecting the two different types of my IP Network driver together. It usually requires a separate copy of a QL emulator to run in, as it will not run correctly alongside the IP Network driver on the same emulator.

The program is a bit rough around the edges, and I am not entirely happy with the error handling. But I have managed to get something together that seems to work on my system, and I would appreciate any feedback on problems seen, or suggestions for improvements, before I go much further.

Run the Setup.exe program to install it. It creates a Start menu entry, and an Uninstall entry. It requires the .NET framework V4.5? and will try to download it, if not found on your system.

I had a problem with Avast AntiVirus, in that it thought the program was a IDP.Generic virus, But I think this may just be a false positive.

I have included a copy of the source code in case there are any C# programmers who can spot any major problems with my code.
Attachments
IPRouter007Beta.zip
(209.61 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
IPNet Router for Windows Manual.pdf
(108.07 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Form1.zip
(5.4 KiB) Downloaded 171 times