Turbo problems

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Turbo problems

Post by RalfR »

I just loaded QPC2 with Marcels Demo_qxl. As standard, Turbo_SMS is loaded, Turbo is in WIN1_progs_Turbo_.

I looked in MenuConfig for any default devices for Turbo_SMS, Parser and Codegen, nothing there.

So, when I try to compile a program, CHARGE always result in ERR.NF. EXing the Parser and then the Codegen does work, but it should go simply with CHARGE in one go one after another. Any ideas?

Another hickup: I try to re-compile a few programs, where a WHEN ERRor clause is. Inside this clause, ERNUM% and ERLIN% should be printed, but I just always get "0" for ERLIN%. Rich told me to enable Lines, but I haven't found that on the Turbo menu. Again, any Idea?

Thanks in advance.

4E75 7000
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Turbo problems

Post by tofro »

Ralf,

Turbo must be told via "DEFAULT_DEVICE" where to finde codegen_task and parser_task. Assume that is in win1_Turbo_,

Code: Select all

DEFAULT_DEVICE win1_turbo_
should make CHARGE work.

Line numbers are included when "Include Nos" (right below "Turbo") is selected.

ERNUM and ERLIN (note the missing "%") are filled by QDOS WHEN ERRor (available beyond MG)

ERNUM% and ERLIN% (note the %) are connected to Turbo Toolkit's own WHEN_ERROR and END_WHEN variants. Don't mix up the two forms, that won't work.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

tofro wrote:ERNUM and ERLIN (note the missing "%") are filled by QDOS WHEN ERRor (available beyond MG)

ERNUM% and ERLIN% (note the %) are connected to Turbo Toolkit's own WHEN_ERROR and END_WHEN variants. Don't mix up the two forms, that won't work.
Thanks for the hint. Interesting to see in the programs, there is WHEN ERRor, but ERNUM% and ERNLIN%. So I should change that to ERLIn and ERNUM.

On the other side...ERNUM% seems to work there, as it gives a correct error.

4E75 7000
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Ralf R. wrote:
On the other side...ERNUM% seems to work there, as it gives a correct error.
I guess that's just bad luck...

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The Turbo Toolkit command DEFAULT_DEVICE to point to the Turbo Compiler, works well on all the QL systems I have used.

But for example enter: DEFAULT_DEVICE "win1_turbo_" will allow the charge command to load the parser_task and codegen_task programmes.

Setting DEFAULT_DEVICE also affects the DATAD$ definition, so the DATA_USE is the samw as DEFAULT_DEVICE.

Not a problem if you are aware of the situation.

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Setting DEFAULT_DEVICE also affects the DATAD$ definition, so the DATA_USE is the samw as DEFAULT_DEVICE.
No, it affects the PROGD$ definition ;) .

Thanks, all works as expected.

4E75 7000
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Ralf,

My apologies, in the error, I sometimes get mixed up with the DLIST statement, expecting the PROGD$ definition to be printed first.

Have to try harder to remember.

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Quite no problem ;) , it has been better, if there is a string to identify, say DLIST should give:

DATAD$ = ram1_
PROGD$ = win1_progs_
DESTD$ = par

This would give the user a real knowledge, wouldn't it? A hint for Marcel ;)

4E75 7000