Knoware.no

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Knoware.no

Post by Pr0f »

bookmarked for later perusal - some interesting articles and toolkits for sure :-)

I must confess it's the hardware for me - but I do appreciate that the hardware would be nothing without good software support.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Per,

I think everyone is interested in new software. It is just there is not many software writers.

Personally I would aspire to be able to write quality software such as featured on your web, but being a enthuistic amatuer, who has problems with spelling... I struggle a little bit.

Regards,

Derek
tcat
Super Gold Card

Post by tcat »

Hi,

Perfect, I like `Last Match' game. It reminds a film hero in `Last Year at Marienbad', who was playing some tricks on a lady, always winning this sort of game.
If I am right, there is some binary logic strategy, when applied the player always wins.

Tomas

tcat
Super Gold Card

Post by tcat »

Hi,

Perfect, I like `Last Match' game. It reminds a film hero in `Last Year at Marienbad', who was playing some tricks on a lady, always winning this sort of game.
If I am right, there is some binary logic strategy, when applied the player cannot lose.
Would it it run on a black box QL?

Tomas

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Personally I would aspire to be able to write quality software such as featured on your web, but being a enthuistic amatuer, who has problems with spelling... I struggle a little bit.
Start simple and work your way up. The stuff you find on Knoware is dwarfed by the piles of crap that didnt make it ;) Publishing stuff, I find, helps to concentrate the mind. Its like having a critical teacher look over your shoulder.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Pr0f wrote:bookmarked for later perusal - some interesting articles and toolkits for sure :-)
For now, there only like a few spanners and a couple of screwdrivers, but that may improve a little over the next 35 years..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

tcat wrote:Hi,

If I am right, there is some binary logic strategy, when applied the player cannot lose.
Would it it run on a black box QL?
Yes, Match is entirely deterministic, but I cant remember if it starts at the first or second move ;) I learnt the rules the hard way - by loosing more times than I care to admit, until I decided to figure it out. The fruit of that learning resulted in the game.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Hi all! Knoware has had an update recently. A few new toys have been added, but mainly the update is about improvements and bug fixes. The changes are listed here.

Dont know what Knoware is? Theres a nice, third party review at Quantum Technology. Check it out!

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

I am discovering your site now. I am not a QL programmer, but I value the work that you are redoing this website again. It is usual that, after a while, we lose interest in continuing to work on these projects. I say it from experience. After all, we are a small community around the QL. Congratulations for the work and for the fun I hope you are providing.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

badaman wrote:I am discovering your site now. I am not a QL programmer, but I value the work that you are redoing this website again. It is usual that, after a while, we lose interest in continuing to work on these projects. I say it from experience. After all, we are a small community around the QL. Congratulations for the work and for the fun I hope you are providing.
Thank you for your comments :)
If you did want to do some programming, there are plenty of examples on my site to start you off..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?