QL Filer - New in 2019 - Archive media extractor

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: QL Filer - New in 2019 - Archive media extractor

Post by mk79 »

tofro wrote:Using a proper driver, it does ;)
Oh, I forgot about that one, good catch :-)

Marcel

Tuna
ROM Dongle

Post by Tuna »

If I understand it, the QL Emulator access to windows directories relies on a 'header file' in the directory being mapped as a drive? Is this documented anywhere?

My end goal is to be able to transfer files between .zip, .mdv and .win files seamlessly, without having to run a specific emulator or install drivers or do the QL unzip dance (you could even install unzip into a .win file automatically). I'm using the MiSTer hardware QL emulator, which works well with MDV files - but getting software onto it is not particularly easy.

Hopefully,if nothing else, having the source code online will help anyone wanting to understand the different formats used in original QLs and Emulators.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Tuna wrote:If I understand it, the QL Emulator access to windows directories relies on a 'header file' in the directory being mapped as a drive? Is this documented anywhere?
Sure.
When you installed the free Q-Emulator version, you should have received a .pdf file - The Q-Emulator header format is documented in this document in appendix II. And the header is actually prepended to executable QDOS files the first time they are written to a Windows file system (which is a nuisance, IMHO). Caution - if you directly copy such a file to a QDOS media, it will no longer work.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Tuna wrote:My end goal is to be able to transfer files between .zip, .mdv and .win files seamlessly, without having to run a specific emulator or install drivers or do the QL unzip dance (you could even install unzip into a .win file automatically). I'm using the MiSTer hardware QL emulator, which works well with MDV files - but getting software onto it is not particularly easy.
With the SD slot on the I/O board and my QL-SD ROM you can read any .WIN file in MiSTer, albeit just at 1x CPU speed at the moment.

Cheers, Marcel