QSpread 3.02 now released on GitHub

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

QSpread 3.02 now released on GitHub

Post by olifink »

I'm happy to announce today that I'm releasing QSpread 3.02 and it's sources and it's now available on GitHub (MIT License). It is written as GST MAC assembler code with additional tools like QMake or from the early SMS build toolchain.

As you can't probably build it yourself (yet) the corresponding ZIP and the last PDF are attached here. There is also a 4.04 version which appears to have some small issues and we're still tracking down the source code to rebuild it. It will also be release, but first I like to clean up what we have with 3.02 so that the changes also nicely trace back.

A very special THANKS to Marcel for finding and sheltering the sources and for agreeing to the Open Source plans, and also to Jochen and Bernd for taking over when I left.

The repo is https://github.com/olifink/qspread/

Reach out here if you have questions...

enjoy! O
Attachments
qspread302.zip
(231.52 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
QSpread.pdf
(223.17 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QSpread 3.02 now released on GitHub

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

QSpread is one of best QL Applications. Alas Qbranch did not want to sell me a copy. Maybe the issues with my success with the Q60, upset him. Pity as I bought all the software. But he did not support me.

I disassembled the demo version and made it save.

Is it possible to write macros using SBASIC?

Regards,

Derek
Whopper
Over Heated PSU

Post by Whopper »

Thank you Olifink.

Whopper

You woke me for THAT!!!
swensont
Forum Moderator

Post by swensont »

Olifink,

I found the section in the documentation about user defined functions. It is not clear from the manual how they are used and if they are functions or formula's. Can you provide an example?

Thanks,

Tim

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

Derek_Stewart wrote: QSpread is one of best QL Applications.

thanks (blush) ;)
Derek_Stewart wrote: Is it possible to write macros using SBASIC?
no - that would have been a very complex undertaking at the time. I don't know how a job could call into SBASIC - maybe it's possible now, but it was written partly on/for SMS2 which didn't even have any BASIC available, and SMSQ was just getting complete.

Compiled SBASIC filters could be way, QSpread uses filters quite intensively for saving and printing, and to me it's one of the most neglected functions the QL offers. The original Toolkit showed great ways very similar to *nix pipes to use it, but it in TK2 it wasn't much talked about.

Depends on what you're looking for, I could image it shouldn't be too difficult to make all of QSpread a Thing and let SBASIC commands interface with it.

Just some ideas - no plans really :geek:
swensont wrote:I found the section in the documentation about user defined functions. It is not clear from the manual how they are used and if they are functions or formula's. Can you provide an example?
hehe, I found that myself and was wondering if I was really responsible for it or if it was one of Jochens ideas. It's actually very easy (but also very different from, uhm, Excel). It's not at all like DEF FN in code where you'd give it a name and use that name in another formula, it more like a static textual templace replace.

Say you often calculate the VAT and it has the formula

Code: Select all

value*0.15

now instead of typing it in, you can just define a user fn (DO/right click the text field in the F6 dialog) and enter

Code: Select all

\r*1.15
Now select the value you'd like to add VAT to, click/HIT on the user function and click/HIT the cell where the user formula should appear. The \r will be replaced with the range that was selected.
user-fn.png
hope that helps

swensont
Forum Moderator

Post by swensont »

olifink,

Thanks that does help. I was really hoping for it to be a function, but the details was leading me more towards a form of clipboard for formulas.

Tim Swenson