SMSQ/E sources - mirror git repository

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: SMSQ/E sources - mirror git repository

Post by pjw »

The polite and proper way would have been to have this discussion prior to making such a move. It may have been a good idea, or it may not. That decision was not for one person to make. Once the toothpaste is out of the tube, its hard to put it back.
So lets have the discussion now. For and against.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

The main problem would be the possible creation of SMSQ/E forks while there is still an 'official' version being maintained by Wolfgang. It's not abandonware like many other QL projects and Wolfgang could get unjustified support calls for forked versions.

I'm in more or less the same position with the 'Minerva for Q68' project. It's unclear to me under which licence the Minerva source code was released - there is no copyright notice as far as I can see and the link to it on Dilwyn's page is dead. So I'm still reluctant to publish the entire source code on GitHub - for the moment I only consider the modifications and extensions (one could always take the original Minerva source and merge them).

Jan.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

The latest license Minerva was published under is GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 2, June 1991. At least thats how the source was passed to me by LR. Its rather long, so I wont publish it here, but I have a copy if anyone so desires..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

janbredenbeek wrote: I'm in more or less the same position with the 'Minerva for Q68' project. It's unclear to me under which licence the Minerva source code was released - there is no copyright notice as far as I can see and the link to it on Dilwyn's page is dead.
Jan.
Thanks for pointing that out Jan. I've removed the dead link, recovered the missing files from the Internet Archive and added them to my QL ROMs page - copyright notice, GNU license, Minerva versions, mt.extop notes and software reset notes.