Enable Caps Lock from SuperBASIC

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Enable Caps Lock from SuperBASIC

Post by tofro »

johnh wrote:r all, why should I want/need the same CAPS state in, say, QTPI and Text87?
That's not what I said. I want the CAPS lock state that I know I have set. And don't want it modified by an application.

Apparently, there's a little LED set in my head that's getting out of sync when applications change CAPS state.

I also wouldn't want to go the CAPS state alongside with a job's context (otherwise I would need that above LED have upgraded to multiple LEDs)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
johnh
ROM Dongle

Re: Enable Caps Lock from SuperBASIC

Post by johnh »

tofro wrote:
johnh wrote:After all, why should I want/need the same CAPS state in, say, QTPI and Text87?
That's not what I said. I want the CAPS lock state that I know I have set. And don't want it modified by an application.

Apparently, there's a little LED set in my head that's getting out of sync when applications change CAPS state.
I agree :) The topic just got me thinking about the use of CAPS in a multi-tasking environment...
tofro wrote:I also wouldn't want to go the CAPS state alongside with a job's context (otherwise I would need that above LED have upgraded to multiple LEDs)
I think my brain could manage an array of LEDs that was "indexed" by window image but, of course, the reality might be different :)

John Hall