EASYPTR4 "strange" effect

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

EASYPTR4 "strange" effect

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

I have another question about the behavior of the window manager using the Easyptr4 menus.
My system palette plans to have the windows application menus on an orange aoutine, the scroll bars and the arrows are red.

This can be seen on the right side of the image within the filter menu.
The big icons at the top are still in an applicatin window menu that for aesthetic reasons I have ricoloured with the same outline background.
The odd thing is that in this case the scroll arrows have become green (why?) While the scroll bars are (rightly) red.
This can be seen on the left side of the image.

Anyone can explain why?

BSJR
Trump Card

Re: EASYPTR4 "strange" effect

Post by BSJR »

Giorgio Garabello wrote:I have another question about the behavior of the window manager using the Easyptr4 menus.
My system palette plans to have the windows application menus on an orange aoutine, the scroll bars and the arrows are red.

The big icons at the top are still in an applicatin window menu that for aesthetic reasons I have ricoloured with the same outline background.
The odd thing is that in this case the scroll arrows have become green (why?) While the scroll bars are (rightly) red.

Anyone can explain why?
Giorgio,

I cannot explain the green colour but there is bug in EP4 with defining the scroll arrows & bar colours.
They Will not last and default to the original ones.
Asking Marcel to fix this shall not make him happy so I use a small SBasic routine that POKEs the wanted colours each time an app window is drawn.
I will be happy to explain and share this routine with you but can only check for it sometime next week.
I'll get back to you in a pm by then.

Bob

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

BSJR wrote:
Giorgio Garabello wrote:I have another question about the behavior of the window manager using the Easyptr4 menus.

Anyone can explain why?
Giorgio,

I cannot explain the green colour but there is bug in EP4 with defining the scroll arrows & bar colours.
They Will not last and default to the original ones.
Asking Marcel to fix this shall not make him happy so I use a small SBasic routine that POKEs the wanted colours each time an app window is drawn.
I will be happy to explain and share this routine with you but can only check for it sometime next week.
I'll get back to you in a pm by then.

Bob
I have no hurry, but let's talk publicly so so many can learn.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I seem to remember having come across a similar problem many years ago when writing Q-Route - the arrows could be different colours from the scroll bar dependent on whether it was an infomation window or an application window.

I don't think it was ever fixed - as I believe it was an issue with the pointer environment itself - but I don't have the details now.

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

There is nothing but waiting for Marcel's opinion on the problem
I'm very curious to see Bob's routine!

Giorgio

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

I'll revive this ancient thread for my question: Does anyone know how to get rid of the scroll arrows in Wman? Ie I only want to see the scroll bar (when needed), not those mickymouse arrows. Is there a way of turning them off? Im using EasyPtr but am not averse to poking the Working Definition if need be.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

And for those still holding their breath waiting for a reply to the original question, Im sure Bob wont mind be posting his fix:

Code: Select all

sp_appbd%       = 534: rem Application window border
sp_scrbar%      = 545: rem Pan/scroll bar
sp_scrbarsec%   = 546: rem Pan/scroll bar section
sp_scrbararr%   = 547: rem Pan/scroll bar arrow
:
ww_nappl        = 110: rem .w  $6e  number of application sub-windows
ww_pappl        = 112: rem .l  $70  pointer to application sub-window definition list
wwa_borc        =   4: rem .w  $04  border colour
wwa_watt        =   8: rem     $08       sub-window attributes
wwa_part        =  40: rem .l  $28  pointer to the part window control block (or 0)
wwa_psac        =  64: rem .w  $40  pan or scroll arrow colour
wwa_psbc        =  66: rem .w  $42  pan or scroll bar colour
wwa_pssc        =  68: rem .w  $44  pan or scroll bar section colour
wwa_clen%       =  30: rem     $1e  - application sub-window control definition length
:
rem + ------------------------------------------------------------------------ +
rem |<                              Arrow / Bar                               >|
rem + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +
rem | Routine to set MAW arrow and bar colour, omitted by EasyPointer          |
rem |                                                                          |
rem | V0.00, Bob Spelten                                                       |
rem | V0.01, pjw, November 7th 2017                                            |
rem + ------------------------------------------------------------------------ +
:
DEFine PROCedure ARROW_BAR (chn%)
LOCal ii%, ofs%, wrkd, alst, appw
 wrkd= MWDEF(#chn%)
 alst= PEEK_L(wrkd +ww_pappl):                          REM find appl-work list
:
 rem For each MAW (if none, skip this)
 FOR ii% =0 TO PEEK_W(wrkd +ww_nappl) - 1
   appw= PEEK_L(alst +ii% *4):                          REM appw -> each appl-work defn
   POKE_W appw + wwa_watt + wwa_borc, sp_appbd%:        rem set border colour
:
   REM For each pan/scroll control section (wwa_clen% bytes long)
   for ofs% = 0 to wwa_clen% step wwa_clen%
    IF PEEK_L(appw +wwa_part + ofs%) then
      POKE_W appw +wwa_psac + ofs%, sp_scrbararr%:      REM pan arrow colour
      POKE_W appw +wwa_psbc + ofs%, sp_scrbar%:         rem pan bar colour
      POKE_W appw +wwa_pssc + ofs%, sp_scrbarsec%:      REM pan section colour
    END IF
   endfor ofs%
 END FOR ii%
END DEFine ARROW_BAR
::
This is the EP version (due to MWDEF). It should be easy enough to tailor to your own requirements.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

pjw wrote:<>Does anyone know how to get rid of the scroll arrows in Wman?<>
In EP it is possible to set up bars only with MAWBAR, but not, apparently when a menu is in effect.
There is this cryptic line in the Qptr manual (p184) that states: If there is not a minimum size of ww.scarr for scroll arrows or ww.pnarr for pan arrows, they are not drawn at all. However, AFAICS ww.xxx are not per-menu variables but SMSQ/E constants..
Can it be done? Does anyone know? Id be grateful for any information on this.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

PS: In QPtr versions it says: V1.18 (int) Pan/scroll arrows made optional, bars tidied up.
So it seems possible, but doesnt say how - unless Im missing something..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

pjw wrote:
pjw wrote:<>Does anyone know how to get rid of the scroll arrows in Wman?<>
In EP it is possible to set up bars only with MAWBAR, but not, apparently when a menu is in effect.
There is this cryptic line in the Qptr manual (p184) that states: If there is not a minimum size of ww.scarr for scroll arrows or ww.pnarr for pan arrows, they are not drawn at all. However, AFAICS ww.xxx are not per-menu variables but SMSQ/E constants..
Can it be done? Does anyone know? Id be grateful for any information on this.
In SQRview I have the option to show or not to show the arrows.
The MAWBAR command only does the bars, while MAWBARR also does the arrows (see Important_txt).

Remember that bars will be set outside the AW (reduces its size) while arrows are drawn inside the AW so, in the case of SQRview, any PIC drawn will need an offset from the AW origin.
While this works for SQRview which only does images, it may well be that MAWDRAW will automatically add both bars & arrows if the array doesn't fit the AW.
Maybe there is some flag in the MAWSETUP in memory that can be manipulated like I do for the colours but then also the offsets mentioned above should be adjusted.

BSJR