QL Software Preservation - Next Steps

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QL Software Preservation - Next Steps

Post by tofro »

No.

I see a lot of statements all the time on the web that I don't necessarily agree with. But don't feel like objecting, even if I could. Sometimes, I don't even can. So what? (This time I did ;) )

(Maybe to even realize I was somehow promoted to "Aurora". I wish I had one...)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

tofro wrote:No.

I see a lot of statements all the time on the web that I don't necessarily agree with. But don't feel like objecting, even if I could. Sometimes, I don't even can. So what? (This time I did ;) )

(Maybe to even realize I was somehow promoted to "Aurora". I wish I had one...)

Tobias

;)

The last word to Rich as usual ^_^

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Just wondering whether anyone has achieved any results over the past month or so - getting new titles preserved, or re-released?

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

RWAP wrote:Just wondering whether anyone has achieved any results over the past month or so - getting new titles preserved, or re-released?
We have the famous "gestione" disks and as I told you I've Mr. Smith cracked, Toto 13 and all the Jce SW preserved (I miss only one).

But we are working on mDoubler as you know too (that is finished) and so the work was very long ;)

Now we prefer concentrare on a new dump Routine because mDump2 can't dump all (Space Paranoids & Star Guard seems it doesn't work with it).

And so Tomas are trying to make a new dump program under my specifications, is a genius ;)

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

That is great - have you managed to get in touch with anyone who can give permission about the JCE titles?

I was hoping others might have stepped forward to help with the project though.....

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

RWAP wrote:That is great - have you managed to get in touch with anyone who can give permission about the JCE titles?

I was hoping others might have stepped forward to help with the project though.....
I've received a response but...no one that help us to release it :-(

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

RWAP wrote:That is great - have you managed to get in touch with anyone who can give permission about the JCE titles?
JCE...?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

An Italian publishing house - they published some books and QL software including Toto 13 (which I mentioned elsewhere on the forum - a football game which was corrupt).

I understand Simone (outsoft) has managed to obtain copies of various titles by them :)

I had tracked down some former employees on LinkedIn but had not got anywhere about getting permission for these to be re-released as freeware

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I need a new home for all of the microdrive cartridges, cartridge cases and boxes that house all of the material which I gathered for my own ill-fated Software Preservation project.

I did think that the logical home was Quanta, and even had a visit and chat with John Southern about this last year, but Quanta seems to have gone all quiet ever since

I don't really want to just put it on the market for the highest bidder but have no idea where it should sit.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Tried the museum of computing history in Cambridge?