Status of QMON

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Status of QMON

Post by mk79 »

NormanDunbar wrote:Do you know who the original author was/is?
Tony.
I'd love to get my hands on it at some point, but I'll be patient and wait!
As I said, if somebody really wants to spent a few weeks or months developing this, things can be arranged. But apart from the main window not much is working so far, not even the trace buttons.

Cheers, Marcel

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

HI,

I have been ooking at the QMON 2 manual, which looks to be nicely written, but there does not seem to be an Exit command to return to S*BASIC.

If I do: QMON #2 to have Qmon in Channel 2, how do I exit when finished, or should I use SBASIC?

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Derek_Stewart wrote:HI,

I have been ooking at the QMON 2 manual, which looks to be nicely written, but there does not seem to be an Exit command to return to S*BASIC.

If I do: QMON #2 to have Qmon in Channel 2, how do I exit when finished, or should I use SBASIC?
What QMON does when you don't give a job name, is: It will break into the SBASIC job - If you want to continue from there, simply press "G" - which will continue where it broke into the SBASIC context, thus "ending" QMON.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Tofro

Thanks, for the information, sort of obvious when one knows how...

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have been reading the manual more, I forgot how hard to read Qjump manuals are...

On page 1
QMON MANUAL Page 1: wrote:QMON is a tool to assist software developers. It is not intended as an aid to pirating other people's software or circumventing any of the mechanisms for protecting software. For this reason, there are some facilities, which could have been included, which have been omitted.
This should not affect the use of QMON for legitimate purposes.
Does anyone what has been left out?
QMON MANUAL Page 1: wrote:Before going any further please make a backup copy of the disk or cartridge, using WCOPY or similar (or our Transfer Utility!)
Does anyone know what this Transfer Utility is?

Regards,

Derek
daniel_baum
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by daniel_baum »

tofro wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:HI,

What QMON does when you don't give a job name, is: It will break into the SBASIC job - If you want to continue from there, simply press "G" - which will continue where it broke into the SBASIC context, thus "ending" QMON.
This is true, but "G", as I understand it, will make it run your code till it returns, possibly crashing if you have a bug in your code. There does not seem to be an "abort" command, so that if you are at a breakpoint, and find a bug, you can avoid running it.

D.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

daniel_baum wrote:This is true, but "G", as I understand it, will make it run your code till it returns, possibly crashing if you have a bug in your code. There does not seem to be an "abort" command, so that if you are at a breakpoint, and find a bug, you can avoid running it.
No debugger can do this automatically. But you‘re free to change the PC to an RTS so it returns before executing your bug.

daniel_baum
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by daniel_baum »

mk79 wrote:
daniel_baum wrote:This is true, but "G", as I understand it, will make it run your code till it returns, possibly crashing if you have a bug in your code. There does not seem to be an "abort" command, so that if you are at a breakpoint, and find a bug, you can avoid running it.
No debugger can do this automatically. But you‘re free to change the PC to an RTS so it returns before executing your bug.

True.

Thanks,

D.