Status of QMON

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Status of QMON

Post by dilwyn »

dilwyn wrote:
olifink wrote:Also: if anyone has the original Sinclair QL Monitor manual (it was on eBay a couple of months back, but I was too late :x ) I would like to convert that as well for posterity (I'm aspiring to make it look as perfect to original as Dilwyns Quill manual conversion).
I *think* I still have mine in the attic, I will look for it this afternoon.

If I do find it, I could try to scan it. What sort of file would be best for you - for example, JPEG scans?
Made a start, Oliver, here's the circuit diagram scanned as an A3 JPEG in 300dpi (the scan on my site is two A4 half-pages). Will scan the other pages when I get back later and post this to my site too.
visionQL_circuitdiagram.jpg

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

pjw wrote:I dont get it: Theres an excellent QMON2 pdf manual out there. Well made, with navigable chapter heading etc. Got it about one year ago, but cant remember from where.. MK, perhaps?
the one you mean is the last post on page 3 of this thread... good enough for me, but I understood Marcel has some additions coming and I'm happy migrate to an editable Word doc.

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

dilwyn wrote:visionQL_circuitdiagram.jpg
LOL :o Dilwyn - you're confusing me... I stared at the diagram for while until I realized it was for the QL VIsion Monitor :lol: - misunderstanding - but if it's what you have in your attic I'd happily take it off your hands (been looking for those for a while) - name your price 8-)

alas... here I meant QMON 1 (I think the product was originally called "QL Monitor" when Sinclair sold it)

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

olifink wrote:
pjw wrote:I dont get it: Theres an excellent QMON2 pdf manual out there. Well made, with navigable chapter heading etc. Got it about one year ago, but cant remember from where.. MK, perhaps?
the one you mean is the last post on page 3 of this thread... good enough for me, but I understood Marcel has some additions coming and I'm happy migrate to an editable Word doc.
Not at all. This is a very neat, scanned and OCRed version. The bit about JMON (last page past the DP ad) is not included

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

olifink wrote:
dilwyn wrote:visionQL_circuitdiagram.jpg
LOL :o Dilwyn - you're confusing me... I stared at the diagram for while until I realized it was for the QL VIsion Monitor :lol: - misunderstanding - but if it's what you have in your attic I'd happily take it off your hands (been looking for those for a while) - name your price 8-)

alas... here I meant QMON 1 (I think the product was originally called "QL Monitor" when Sinclair sold it)
Oops... you meant the software QL Monitor :oops:

Sorry. I do have one of those Vision QL monitors, but I don't want to part with it.

I'll add the circuit diagram to my site in a minute, to replace the "two halves" one on there.

<dilwyn crawls back under the bush he came from>

duncan
ROM Dongle

Post by duncan »

Hi Oliver
Great, if you can share the PERFECTION file then I'll use that as a baseline for the current version - saves me quite some typing and is probably already the manual Marcel is looking for. Anyway, I'd still make a Word version.
Attached is a .zip with the QMON manual from DP's QL collection. I have exported it from perfection to text and then converted it to Word and .pdf on the PC. No need for scannning and OCRing. The version of QMON with the DP collection was 2.08 which I imagine was the last official version.

Duncan
QMON.zip
(162.79 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I have the original package.
QL-Monitor.jpg

4E75 7000
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

duncan wrote:Hi Oliver
Great, if you can share the PERFECTION file then I'll use that as a baseline for the current version - saves me quite some typing and is probably already the manual Marcel is looking for. Anyway, I'd still make a Word version.
Attached is a .zip with the QMON manual from DP's QL collection. I have exported it from perfection to text and then converted it to Word and .pdf on the PC. No need for scannning and OCRing. The version of QMON with the DP collection was 2.08 which I imagine was the last official version.

Duncan

QMON.zip
This copy too is missing the JMON bit, but looks authentically retro. The version I have seems to be the same, except that it is nicely formatted and with a clickable index, proper chapter headings, etc. Ie, someone must already have done the work.
But let that not stop anyone from the pleasure of doing it all again, if thats what it takes to get your rocks off.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

pjw wrote:The version I have seems to be the same, except that it is nicely formatted and with a clickable index, proper chapter headings, etc. Ie, someone must already have done the work.
I must have missed something - where is the file you're talking about?

O

Artificer
Brittle Membrane

Post by Artificer »

So Oliver is looking for an editable version of the QMON manual, Duncan has provided text and word versions of the document and a .pdf. You only have a.pdf version of it from somewhere unknown which is better configured for browsing unlike the OCRed version previously posted in this thread but you haven't shared what you have anyway.

But let that not stop anyone from the pleasure of doing it all again, if thats what it takes to get your rocks off.
That's uncalled for.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong
Correct

BTW its possible a manual specifically for JMON exists but where who knows?