QL Game Recommendations

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

QL Game Recommendations

Post by vanpeebles »

Lately I'll been trying to get together some games for the youtube site and I was lucky enough to win Tank Busters and Alien Hijack(which looks amazing)on ebay. But I was outbid on Mortville Manor which went for 15 quid!

What was your favourite or most impressive game and why? If you had to showcase the QL what would you pick?

The Di-Ren Fleet Commander game sounds amazing but I havn't seen it anywhere.

:geek:

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QL Game Recommendations

Post by RWAP »

Don't worry - Alien Hijack and tankbusters are available as working copies from my site :-)

Fleet tactical command was always something I wanted to have a go at, but never got around to - it showed off the true networking capabilities of the QL and was supposed to be amazing to play - but I guess it never really sold...

I love the Talent / Eidersoft games, such as Cuthbert in Space, and Deathstrike - but loved the adventures by Alan Pemberton too.

There was a certain war game which taxed me a lot - I enjoyed it so much I took on the task of re-writing huge chunks of D-Day MKII to make it do extra things and it was a hit (so far as QL games went).

However, for pure addictiveness, I would have to go with games by Damon Chaplin.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

I only ever bought one game, it was in mode 4 and Karate style fighting game, I cannot remember the name at the moment but the graphics at the time were superb. I lived in Upminster at the time and went to the place where the software company resided, about two miles away in a BARN just so that I could get the game on the day it was released.

I wish I had it now just to play again with 20 odd years delay. :roll:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Cheers for the replies. Was it QL Karate? I love your animated QL pic too!

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

More details about QL Karate are on the QL Wiki - http://www.rwapadventures.com/ql_wiki/i ... te&lang=en

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

vanpeebles wrote:Cheers for the replies. Was it QL Karate? I love your animated QL pic too!
Yes it was QL Karate, as for the little animation I as inspired by George Gwilts (have i got that right) web site SQLUG animated programming code compiler PC so I thought I would have a go with the startup sequence of the QL, but as you can see the power to the micro-drives fluctuates before all power is lost, something wrong with the regulator I think :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

It's a shame that RWAP can't get the rights to sell more games, it would be miles better than paying through the nose for old versions on ebay.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

vanpeebles wrote:It's a shame that RWAP can't get the rights to sell more games, it would be miles better than paying through the nose for old versions on ebay.
I would love to - its the problem of finding the old copyright holders and even worse, getting a response out of them....

I have found a couple of contacts for Janko-Mrsic Flogel, but he has not responded to my emails unfortunately.

The only people I am truly in contact with are:
- Talent+ (Tom Dolezal) - who have publishing rights for Microdeal and Talent software (but not the copyright it would appear).
- Pyramide
- Damon Chaplin
- Jochen Merz Software (of course)
- Andrew Greenwood (part of Westway that published E.V.A.)

The QL Wiki is helping to attact some of the old authors and publishers, but not many.

I do have another little project up my sleeve, which may help get other copyright holders to come out of the woodwork.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

RWAP wrote: I do have another little project up my sleeve, which may help get other copyright holders to come out of the woodwork.
Does it involve beating them into submission with a big stick? :lol:

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Mr_Navigator wrote:I only ever bought one game, it was in mode 4 and Karate style fighting game, I cannot remember the name at the moment but the graphics at the time were superb. I lived in Upminster at the time and went to the place where the software company resided, about two miles away in a BARN just so that I could get the game on the day it was released.

I wish I had it now just to play again with 20 odd years delay. :roll:
I have just been sorting through my cartridges (again) - and have come across a Karate box and inlay, as well as a cartridge (although I don't think I have any master cartridges).

If you want one, I will make you one up for £10 - you could however, just buy the q-emulator version to play on your PC if you like (or load from disk) and I will supply the original case so that you have a second hand (probably non-working) copy :-)