Latest QPAC2

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
FrancoisLanciault
Trump Card

Latest QPAC2

Post by FrancoisLanciault »

Hi,

I am in the process of updating my QLs software files to the latest versions. I have been running on old revisions for too long.

I downloaded over 300 packages from differents locations... It is going to taker a while.

Anyway, I went to Marcel site and downloaded the latest QPAC2. The version history says that version 1.45 is the latest one. However, the actual QPAC2 executable on his site is at version 1.46. Probably just some minor improvements but it is always good to see new versions. (I can see the version when I used the menuconfig utility on it).

So I decided to check what version I have been using for the past years, still using menuconfig... To my surprise, I was using version 1.47... I have no idea where I got it...

François

ql_freak
Gold Card

Re: Latest QPAC2

Post by ql_freak »

Interesting! MenuConfig on my installed QPac2 says 1.45.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

Could you do a file comparison with something like Meld to see if they are significantly different?

bixio60
Brittle Membrane

Post by bixio60 »

FrancoisLanciault wrote:Hi,

I am in the process of updating my QLs software files to the latest versions. I have been running on old revisions for too long.

I downloaded over 300 packages from differents locations... It is going to taker a while.

Anyway, I went to Marcel site and downloaded the latest QPAC2. The version history says that version 1.45 is the latest one. However, the actual QPAC2 executable on his site is at version 1.46. Probably just some minor improvements but it is always good to see new versions. (I can see the version when I used the menuconfig utility on it).

So I decided to check what version I have been using for the past years, still using menuconfig... To my surprise, I was using version 1.47... I have no idea where I got it...

François
Qpac 1.47 you can find it on QL-SD.WIN demo file on Marcel site... I think it is a Marcel improvement.

Fabrizio

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I do too much to keep track of it all, sorry. I uploaded v1.48 that has been sitting on my drive for months to my page now.

FrancoisLanciault
Trump Card

Post by FrancoisLanciault »

mk79 wrote:I do too much to keep track of it all, sorry. I uploaded v1.48 that has been sitting on my drive for months to my page now.
Thank you Marcel !!

bixio60
Brittle Membrane

Post by bixio60 »

mk79 wrote:I do too much to keep track of it all, sorry. I uploaded v1.48 that has been sitting on my drive for months to my page now.
You need a QL assistant person, I am retired and I offer myself :D :D :D :D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Is it possible for the source code to QPAC 2 be released under under some sort of licence, like GPL licence.

I struggle with QPTR assembley programming, it would nice to see how programme QPTR, Things.

Regards,

Derek
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

bixio60 wrote:
You need a QL assistant person, I am retired and I offer myself :D :D :D :D
Tempting :D But as is often the case, explaining somebody what I want is usually more difficult than doing it myself ;)

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

Is it possible for the source code to QPAC 2 be released under under some sort of licence, like GPL licence.

I struggle with QPTR assembley programming, it would nice to see how programme QPTR, Things.
Not sure, maybe. But in any case, the code is pretty complex and maybe not the easiest example to cut your teeth on. In any case I'd recommend EasyPtr instead of writing your menus by hand. You can have a look at the QSpread sources, the code is very similar to QPac2 in style and menu definitions.