Long time, no update!
Ok, I've had some fun, and spare time over the weekend, but enough of that! I've done a fair bit of work on the qxltool utility and it now correctly formats a QXL file with all the correct settings in the header etc. To be honest, it's taken some time to get this working - and so far, only the Unix version has been changed. A rough idea of changes are:
Lots of fixes. Now properly initialises a QXL file. Also changed:
* Added 'dir' and 'dirw' as synonyms for 'ls' and 'lslr'.
* Added 'header' command to display full header. Like info++!
* Updated the help with explanations of each command.
* Unix Makefile changed to remove multiple warnings.
* Fixed Unix qxltool.h to correctly define the header structure.
* Unfortunately, QLDIR structure is still broken. TO DO. (It uses a time_t rather than a uint32_t for one of the date fields).
* Also, because the formatting is now correct, nothing (much) else works! 'makdir test', for example, appears to work, updates free sectors etc, but nothing yet appears, however, the QLDIR structure is still 66 bytes rather than 64 - on my compilation system. TO DO!
So, there is still (lots) of work to do. But, progress!
It's only available on my GitHub repository at the moment - https://github.com/NormanDunbar/qxltools
and only in the 'working' branch. If anyone wants to play that is.