Large bundle on ebay !

Discussions for anything QL related up for Auction.
Andrew
Aurora

Large bundle on ebay !

Post by Andrew »

Large bundle on ebay ! Very interesting stuff
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Sinc ... 4507274422

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Large bundle on ebay !

Post by Chr$ »

I saw that and was going to link to it! Pick up only, from Chesterfield. Anyone nearby?

Also, last night there was a QXLII card on for £250 BIN and I would have nabbed it had I not already had one. Good price I thought and today it was already 'unavailable'.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Chr$ wrote:I saw that and was going to link to it! Pick up only, from Chesterfield. Anyone nearby?

Also, last night there was a QXLII card on for £250 BIN and I would have nabbed it had I not already had one. Good price I thought and today it was already 'unavailable'.
I used live not far from Chesterfield, but now moved the other side of England.

I have 3 QXLII boards which I was gonna put on eBay, did not think they are worth £250

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
I have 3 QXLII boards which I was gonna put on eBay, did not think they are worth £250
Think it sold for less than the starting price, but probably not far off. Do they all work ok?

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Chr$ wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:
Think it sold for less than the starting price, but probably not far off. Do they all work ok?
The QXLII boards have 680RC40M CPUs from a Q40, I seem to have a problem with the board will only run SMSQ/E v3.05 anythinh more: v3.06 to v3.36 starts up but no cursor in channel #0

The main difference in v3.05 onwards was Sprite as Cursor, but disabling this makes no difference. Asked Wolfgang, but he does not know. Maybe the 68EC040 may solve this.

I also have 2 bare QXL PCBs requiring chios and components, I have the correct Alter Glue chip, but there is custom chip required, which I will have try and sort out to get thsee boards built,

But I have an idea for 68060 addon for the QXL to run at 50Mhz.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
Chr$ wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:
The QXLII boards have 680RC40M CPUs from a Q40, I seem to have a problem with the board will only run SMSQ/E v3.05 anythinh more: v3.06 to v3.36 starts up but no cursor in channel #0

The main difference in v3.05 onwards was Sprite as Cursor, but disabling this makes no difference. Asked Wolfgang, but he does not know. Maybe the 68EC040 may solve this.

I also have 2 bare QXL PCBs requiring chios and components, I have the correct Alter Glue chip, but there is custom chip required, which I will have try and sort out to get thsee boards built,

But I have an idea for 68060 addon for the QXL to run at 50Mhz.
You should get them done, I think they'd be popular. In fact if you can get the bits together for the bare ones, selling as a kit to build your own would be very attractive.

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

Chr$ wrote: You should get them done, I think they'd be popular. In fact if you can get the bits together for the bare ones, selling as a kit to build your own would be very attractive.
I'd 2nd that :D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Pr0f wrote:
Chr$ wrote: You should get them done, I think they'd be popular. In fact if you can get the bits together for the bare ones, selling as a kit to build your own would be very attractive.
I'd 2nd that :D
Gonna be small kit, only 2 PCBs, also there the problem of the Altera chip. See other threads for that discussion.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

The large bundle went for £331.00 (not to me).

Love that bus extension under-QL item (seen pics before but can't remember who made it). And the 5.25" drive setup must be a rarity too. I'd have personally been up for it if there were more original software titles included, no monitor and if the seller were willing to send.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

The desk expansion looked a beast :D