Your system seems totally crashed to me as It does the exact opposite of mine! (Only kidding.)BSJR wrote:Artificer wrote:I have been running QD B.01 since this morning while working on the same SBasic program with the SBAS/QD thing in play and there has not been any crashing or other untoward events. So I am now hopeful that Per is correct and that QD B.05 and the SBAS thing and the Q68 version of smsq/e was the problem. Fingers crossed.
I used QD B.01 and SBAS/QD a lot in QPC2, many QD's open at the same time, seldom any crashes.
There were occasions where QD would no longer respond to the CTRL commands so I had to save my work and restart QPC2.
One indication for trouble was in the Search menu. If the Replace window showed strange characters it was time for a reset.
It has not been a problem with B.05 so far. Never seen the "last line" problem either.
I guess it's some Boot extension causing a conflict, as each of our Boot files is probably unique.
I wasted a lot of time trying to figure what caused my problems with B.05. Recently I thought Id give it another go, because a lot has changed since last I tried. There didnt seem to be a any problems at first, but then I tried it on Q68 and the system went belly-up more or less immediately. In the end, when B.01 just works, its easiest to just let go..
The "creeping last line" bug does not confine itself to my system. The SMSQ/E sources used to show plenty of evidence of its activity!
I had a back-and-forth with Jochen over it donkey years ago, but he never managed to fix it. Its still there, even in B.05, IIRC