CTL plug type

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
XorA
Site Admin

Re: CTL plug type

Post by XorA »

Really we just need high quality photos of the D9 sockets on the EU/USA machines. Ive heard its the same motherboard so it should be pretty easy to convert a UK on to that spec.

From the wiring diagram it looks like they just soldered the 9 pin connector top row into the CTL connector holes.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Doug wrote: There is a website that looks like it is selling the 630W, but it (the site) is broken! http://www.funisgroup.com/index.php?rou ... uct_id=892
That is a good find - I will give them a ring tomorrow - the phone line is still valid - it looks as though they upgraded to PHP 7 without updating the code on the site :(

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

XorA wrote:Really we just need high quality photos of the D9 sockets on the EU/USA machines. Ive heard its the same motherboard so it should be pretty easy to convert a UK on to that spec.

From the wiring diagram it looks like they just soldered the 9 pin connector top row into the CTL connector holes.
I have US2 and US3 boards. They have 9 pin D-SUB connectors on the PCBs and nothing is munged to fit - they are definitely designed for 9 pin D-sub.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think I bought the last of the 630W connectors, from Funisgroup last year. They are not a good company to deal with, their accounting and payments systems are rubbish, I had to pay by cheque.

I was going to make some QL to DB9 Joystick cables, all in black. But I have other challenges at present, I may sell the constructed cables later this year.

Regards,

Derek
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I have a large pile of the 631W connectors, which are currently being made up for the WiFi adaptor prototypes I'll be sending out soon. Only need to make a couple though, since there will likely be a fast serial card fairly soon.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Dave wrote:I have a large pile of the 631W connectors, which are currently being made up for the WiFi adaptor prototypes I'll be sending out soon. Only need to make a couple though, since there will likely be a fast serial card fairly soon.
631W is common as muck though :-D

Doug
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Doug »

RWAP wrote:That is a good find - I will give them a ring tomorrow - the phone line is still valid - it looks as though they upgraded to PHP 7 without updating the code on the site :(
Ah yes, classic. I wonder if the host updated the PHP automatically, an no one running the website has noticed! :lol:

Did you have any luck phoning them, Rich?

Doug
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Doug »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I was going to make some QL to DB9 Joystick cables, all in black. But I have other challenges at present, I may sell the constructed cables later this year.
Ah, something else for my shopping list then, consider me interested in those, Derek!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote:
Dave wrote:I have a large pile of the 631W connectors, which are currently being made up for the WiFi adaptor prototypes I'll be sending out soon. Only need to make a couple though, since there will likely be a fast serial card fairly soon.
631W is common as muck though :-D
The 631W is the wrong connector, a 630W is required.

I do not think it is a good idea to file? or Mill slots in the 630W, maybe OK for 1 or 2, try making 20, really alot of work.

Maybe a 3D Print of the 630W plug could be done.

I have some ready to be made into a QL CTL to DB 9 joystick cable. I have some other work to perform before I can do this.

Regards,

Derek
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

They supposedly still have 52 in stock - so I will order them (and tell them how to fix their website)

Let's hope they are the right ones... Who has the time to make up 52 joystick adaptors? :D