trump card disk card 0(zero) kb

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Re: trump card disk card 0(zero) kb

Post by Pr0f »

o12 is your DSMCL line - DataStrobeMasterChip - it will disable internal devices that would otherwise be selected by the partial address decoding in the standard QL.

The equation is built from several lines - each of which is atually the selection of I/O devices, RAM or ROM on the trump card. See if you can work out what you need based on the information already in the thread here.

Some hints - you don't need to do the address relocation trick for ROM - so you already have one of your equation lines (these lines are all linked by + (for OR))

You don't need to or want to assert DSMCL for any RAM address decoding on the trump card - you don't have any - so look for one line that clearly is there to assert DSMCL when expansion memory is selected.

The other 2 lines you should need are for when the disk controller or 175 latch are operated - if you know the address of these - you can work out the address selection.

Finally - as regards ROM - you can use any of the ROM images - the choice depends somewhat on what you are looking for.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

nikosdoykas wrote:Dilwyn thanks for the microtek rom..... put my name if you like....
OK, done.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

dilwyn wrote:
nikosdoykas wrote:Dilwyn thanks for the microtek rom..... put my name if you like....
OK, done.
I think the change you made on your ROM page created an oopsie because now your main page points to that...at least for me it does.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

bwinkel67 wrote:
dilwyn wrote:
OK, done.
I think the change you made on your ROM page created an oopsie because now your main page points to that...at least for me it does.
Thanks for reporting that, fixed it now. :oops:

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

can a make a silly question..... (maybe 2or3)
i have the vl 1772 is 100% compatible with wd1772???
the trump can work with the 1770???
(other intrefaces has 1770 --- its a bits slower--5.1/4 desing but my 512 stfm has a1770 and working)
if the 1772 its faulty will pas to prompt the ql or it freeze on boot screen?
if 74f175 is?
THANKS

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

V1772 is pin compatible and fully the same as WD1772

I don't think the card will work with other disk controllers - there would be both hardware and software changes required.

If either the 175 or the 1772 were faulty - this would not likely stop the boot banner from appearing. The first chip is only a latch - so the machine has no way of knowing if it received a byte or not. The 1772 chip is a little more complex - it may load the bus or behave in an odd way - you could try unplugging this chip and see if you get the same result?

nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Post by nikosdoykas »

so after many expiriment i have this....
question i have 27w512 with 2 times write the 121a rom....
why it show 2 times the tk??
then the ql stuck....
i measure dcmcl and is 3.56 volts
but in booting the dcmcl change 3-4 times on the out put of the gal to low and then stand high
any ideas??
IMG_20220122_174604.jpg