Format a DOM in windows and copy a win file to it for QUBIDE?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Format a DOM in windows and copy a win file to it for QUBIDE?

Post by vanpeebles »

Never got round to trying anything tonight, still licking my wounds :D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think the answer is to do what I do, never uncompress a ZIP or other archive file in a non-QL environment.

OK, there is Q-emulator automatic fileheader remover and SMSQmulator SFA device which also does the same.

But I always copy the ZIP fiel into a QWA/QUB container for QCP2, SMSQmualtor, Q68, QXL, QL-SD.

To copy uncompress ZIP files on Tetroid devices like the TDI Trump Card or Qubide DOM, the ZIP file can be copied to the Qubide partition with the Habi Image editor.

If there is no ZIP programme installed on the Qubide system,either copy it via the QL LAN or copy Johnathan Hudson's self extracting ZIP file with Habi Editor and follow the instructions to extract the QL UNZIP executable.

And I think Uncle Bob, is a happy man...

Regards,

Derek
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I think the answer is to do what I do, never uncompress a ZIP or other archive file in a non-QL environment.

OK, there is Q-emulator automatic fileheader remover and SMSQmulator SFA device which also does the same.

But I always copy the ZIP fiel into a QWA/QUB container for QCP2, SMSQmualtor, Q68, QXL, QL-SD.

To copy uncompress ZIP files on Tetroid devices like the TDI Trump Card or Qubide DOM, the ZIP file can be copied to the Qubide partition with the Habi Image editor.

If there is no ZIP programme installed on the Qubide system,either copy it via the QL LAN or copy Johnathan Hudson's self extracting ZIP file with Habi Editor and follow the instructions to extract the QL UNZIP executable.

And I think Uncle Bob, is a happy man...
Yes, I think that will be the route I take. How would that work if the zip file had a qxl.win file in it, instead of just a program?

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The main problem is having the UNZIP executable in a QWA (QXL) container.

But Johnathan Hudson wrote a self extracting UNZIP v5.41, to solve all this, called: unzip541xq.bin

Just download the file and copy to the QXL file with the HABI Image Editor.

The file is loaded into memory and when called or LRESPRed the programme extracts three file called SFX_xxx into a teporary directory.

LRUNing SFX_BAS will extract the UNZIP v5.41 extecutable file package to the defined destination directory.

The file can be downloaded from

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/arch/unzip541xq.bin

or look at:

http://www.zen35309.zen.co.uk/qdos/

Scroll to the INFOzip section where the same file is available.

The unzip541xq.bin file seems to work on SMSQ/E, but the SFX file seems to reset the emulator, but if SMSQ/E is used, then Device Level 3 can read the file directly.

All easy, I never know why there is so much problems with this.

Regards,

Derek