MICRO CONTROL SYSTEMS QL DISK/MEMORY INTERFACE

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
UKJONNY
ROM Dongle

MICRO CONTROL SYSTEMS QL DISK/MEMORY INTERFACE

Post by UKJONNY »

MICRO CONTROL SYSTEMS QL DISK/MEMORY INTERFACE WITH 512K RAM AND 32K/64K RAM DISK AND UTILITIES ROM DONGLE

Hi all

I’ve recently acquired an MCS disk/memory i/f with utilities ROM dongle and am attempting to preserve the main i/f ROM (v1.7) for posterity (I’ve already copied the utilities ROM dongle which has been uploaded to Dilwyn’s website).

Sadly the interface badly overheats and rapidly becomes unusable (reporting RW errors and writing garbage to disk) so it may not function for much longer.

The utilities ROM is called by the command RAM_EXT (and it only works with the main i/f ROM) and the combined extra commands mostly replicate TK2 (including a nifty ‘CLICK’ command on the main ROM that emulates the ZX Spectrum+ key click! :geek: ).

Does anyone have an electronic copy of this ROM they could share please? Alternatively does anyone have a spare working EPROM reader (QEP III?) that I could purchase (or I could send the interface to someone preferably in the UK to copy the ROM chip(s?) for me)?
MCS disk interface.jpg

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: MICRO CONTROL SYSTEMS QL DISK/MEMORY INTERFACE

Post by bwinkel67 »

Regarding the key click, Hermes ROM replacment for the 8049 adds that feature as well. I can be turned off with a key combo.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

There is v1.7a/1.3 on Dilwy's web site.

I suppose I could do the roms for you and post them to the USA, assuminb you can fit the roms okay,

Regards,

Derek
Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

Where does the USA feature?
UKJONNY wrote:(or I could send the interface to someone preferably in the UK to copy the ROM chip(s?) for me)?
I am up the road from you in Chiswick with a Universal programmer if you want to go that route but isn't there a utility that lets you do a Hex dump of a block of memory? It would be easy enough to write in Basic I think but must already exist somewhere. Perhaps you could plug each one in the ROM slot and copy that block or am I missing something with memory size problems?

UKJONNY
ROM Dongle

Post by UKJONNY »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

There is v1.7a/1.3 on Dilwy's web site.

I suppose I could do the roms for you and post them to the USA, assuminb you can fit the roms okay,
Thanks Derek, found it! Problem solved :)

UKJONNY
ROM Dongle

Post by UKJONNY »

Thanks very much for the helpful tips guys!