QNET to USB adapter

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
afx
Trump Card

Re: QNET to USB adapter

Post by afx »

Derek_Stewart wrote:But the ability to network BBQL QL Net to Q68 via Sernet QPC2

The Q68 acts as a Network connection to both system, so the QPC2 can access the microdrives of the BBQL.
True, but it would be very interesting to connect Q68 with QPC2 through QL NET. This would leave the RS232 port free for other purposes, for example for Wifi connection (in my case, I have Simulant Retrowifi connected in the QL, but it would be more efficient to connect it to Q68). Now Q68 has two QL NET connectors and it's good to make the most of the available resources.

I definitely think that the QLNET to USB adapter is a very desirable option, not so much for loading programs (here QL-SD is a better choice) but for sharing resources on a network (shared documents with other stations, data bases, or future developments ... for example network games ...).

In my "home office", I now have QL and Q68 as stations of my "home network". This is a good way to bring retro computers to life (QL is a good office retro-computer ;) ).