Eidersoft (M)ICE Eprom question.

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Eidersoft (M)ICE Eprom question.

Post by Pr0f »

I think they may be 'preserved' - but if the copyright holder hasn't released them then they are locked away for now - which is the legally correct thing to do.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

There was some work done by QLObi,in the German QL Forum, see
Mice:
https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/view ... ?f=9&t=804
Mice Part2:
https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/view ... ?f=9&t=879

If you can not read German,use Google Chrome to auto translate.

Looks like they re-created a MICE version that could take a standard mouse...pretty cool.

BTW, on UK's eBay there is an actual MICE being sold:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-Spe ... 4201307539

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Pr0f wrote:I think they may be 'preserved' - but if the copyright holder hasn't released them then they are locked away for now - which is the legally correct thing to do.
HI,

I did start to disassemble the Mice Rom image, but did not really finish this, it was only for enjoyment and relaxation.

I am not sure if this would lead to anything.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote:
dilwyn wrote:
I've had to get quite angry with some people (all in the English speaking world)
As opposed to the Welsh speaking world, you mean? ;) :D
I hope that was intended as a joke as I find the reply extremely offensive.

You have to be part of a minority to understand how offensive minorities find their treatment. You clearly don't. All I did was factually explain the way I've been treated over the years as a result of having a Welsh name. You can go fuck yourself.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

To get the subject back on track.

I had look at my attempt to disassemble the MICE ROM with DISA.

I have nearly got a valid disassemble, with no illegal data structures.

I have a little work to do to get all the ROM file to a point where it can be reassembled.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

dilwyn wrote:
Chr$ wrote:
dilwyn wrote:
I've had to get quite angry with some people (all in the English speaking world)
As opposed to the Welsh speaking world, you mean? ;) :D
I hope that was intended as a joke as I find the reply extremely offensive.

You have to be part of a minority to understand how offensive minorities find their treatment. You clearly don't. All I did was factually explain the way I've been treated over the years as a result of having a Welsh name. You can go fuck yourself.
No Dilwyn, after the German references I thought you were talking about that at first, and once it had sunk in, I'd posted it. And yes, of course it was a joke, a silly one of course, simply because Welsh isn't spoken by all that many people. That wasn't any form of judgement on the Welsh culture/language etc.

I don't have a problem with any Welsh people or any other minorities and I'm honestly sorry if I caused offence. I don't think your last sentence was really called for.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Moderator hat on.

Gentlemen, can we please agree to kiss and make up, thanks. The kissing can be metaphorical of course, and socially distanced. :P

We are a small community and any "bad blood" won't help matters.

[EDIT] The problem with the written word is a severe lack of body language and inflection etc. I've had perfectly innocent jokes taken out of context in the past, had they been spoken, I don't think that would have been the case.

A manager once p1553d off the entire development section with an email which was not his intention, but it happened.

When posting jokes, I now try to think if it can be misconstrued etc, usually, before sending. When I'm on the recieving end, and am annoyed, I try to consider the senders intentions, before I go nuclear!

Thanks.

Moderator hat off

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Derek_Stewart wrote:If you can not read German,use Google Chrome to auto translate.
NEVER EVER! Use DeepL!

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

dilwyn wrote:You have to be part of a minority to understand how offensive minorities find their treatment. You clearly don't. All I did was factually explain the way I've been treated over the years as a result of having a Welsh name. You can go fuck yourself.
Whoa, Dilwyn, chill. Chris is part of a minority himself, he owns a QL after all.
I let it develop into a verbal fight then Report To Admin and get them thrown out of the groups. Works (nearly) every time.
Or was that your attempt to get Chris kicked by Norm? :twisted: :D

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

bwinkel67 wrote:Looks like they re-created a MICE version that could take a standard mouse...pretty cool.
Yeah, it works fine. If you have questions, or want to rebuild it, you can ask QLObi on this forum.
Note that it is not an actual USB input, just PS/2, using the USB connector for combo mice.