qubide single ended version what gal version ?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

qubide single ended version what gal version ?

Post by techy »

Hi forum ,

I am building a qubide single ended version (José Leandro clone ) and wondered what version of rom and gal's to use .

as the version on his website goes up to 1.56 and are dated 1997 and 1998 .

I saw a lot of newer developments , but are they suitable for the clone version or only qubbesoft original ?

OR , do you recommend another design ( smd free ) ?

Can someone please shine a light .

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
HAOUI
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: qubide single ended version what gal version ?

Post by HAOUI »

You can use the QUbATA V3.10 Driver for the Clone version.
I attached below the archive containing ROM and GALs binary codes to burn.
There is also a REXT code which can be LRESPRed after having configured the base address for QubIDE hardware.
Alain
QubCloneV310.zip
(821.15 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Anyone a good source for the ;

74hct646 ??

the prices overhere are sky-high , € 15,- for one piece !!

WILL a 74ABT646 be suitable as a replacement ??

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

@ HAOUI ,

Thanks for the files

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

the 74hct646 should be available on ebay - for 2 off quantities.

Do you have something like festo / RS / Farnell there?

Also - does the version you are building have the surface mount version or the dip version of this chip?

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Pr0f wrote:the 74hct646 should be available on ebay - for 2 off quantities.
Do you have something like festo / RS / Farnell there?
Also - does the version you are building have the surface mount version or the dip version of this chip?

the version i am working on has the smd version , if a through hole version is available please let me know .

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

if the other chips are all through hole, then this is the same version I have built - only those 646 chips are surface mount - one on one side and one on the other side of the pcb

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

yep , only 2 smd's ( that is more than enough for me )

only finding them is a pita ..............

hence my question for equivalents .

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

https://ebay.us/XrDrfI

those should work

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Pr0f ,

you are right , there are more sources , the big electronic suppliers and some enthousiasts on market sites.

i verified prices , and apparently i live in a country which is expensive to sent to .....

shipping varies from around € 15 to € 25 ( rs ) , which is a "bit" over my budget for 2 "penny components "

the search goes on in that respect