"New" SD interface

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
jdavis6809
ROM Dongle

Re: "New" SD interface

Post by jdavis6809 »

hello,

going into production ?

regards

john

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Another lovely card by Tetroid. :D

Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

I notice that you didn't use a trimmer capacitor with the PCF8583 crystal ?

I built a Minerva Mk2 last year from discrete 74xx logic. Without a trimmer capacitor my PCF8583 clock ran very fast. With QL powered up it was 3 minutes fast per hour!, but only reducing to 20 seconds fast per hour when on battery.

I solved the 3min/hour problem by putting 220pF capacitor across PCF8583 pins 4 & 8 (noisy QL hardware). With a 30pF trimmer between pins 1 & 8 I was able reduce RTC error to less than 1 second a day :-)

I notice from a photo of real Minerva MK2 that they also used a trimmer.

BTW I thought I had a faulty NETwork until I realised if you initialise all RTC ram locations to 0, the NET number gets set to 0 upon each reset (should default to 1). This stops the TK2 network fileserver from working (SuperBASIC NET command disallows setting NET 0, but Minerva MK2 does, oops).

David
badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

This card is very very interesting. I hope you can solve the issues related to the software.

I take this opportunity to thank Tetroid for his work, and remember the good work that José Leandro and Habi did from Spain with his QubIDE clone.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

badaman wrote:This card is very very interesting. I hope you can solve the issues related to the software.

I take this opportunity to thank Tetroid for his work, and remember the good work that José Leandro and Habi did from Spain with his QubIDE clone.
Hi,

I bought one of José Leandro expansion cards, which is working well, I have updated it to Qubide V2

I use the Habi Image Editor to transfer files into Qubide partitions on CF Cards. Works really well.

I was wondering if the source code was available or maybe an option to write a Qubide image to a CF/SD Card.

Do that the partitions could be set up on a PC or other computer.

Regards,

Derek
badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I was wondering if the source code was available or maybe an option to write a Qubide image to a CF/SD Card.

Do that the partitions could be set up on a PC or other computer.
Hi. I don't know if I understood you well, but have you seen if the José Leandro's instructions for Linux are useful to dump that type of images?

There are free programs for Windows too that allow you to copy and record images from SD cards.